Well done Cammy Bell (updated with message from his Mum)

Bluepeter9

A wee story from FB of a 16 year old lad my wife knows who has lukemia ..

Hey everyone - Jak's sister Aimie here updating tonight as he is now in the land of dreams snoozing away! Today has been up and down for Jak, he was quite tired and feeling quite low in the morning. The physio came in and Jak sat at the end of the bed again for 15 minutes. He was tired after this so he was just about to nod off when our Grandad came in to tell us '20 minutes'... 20 minutes till what Jak wondered? I went for the quickest shower I've ever had in my life! We all gathered in Jak's room ready for his surprise visitor... It was Jak's favourite football team Rangers goalkeeper Cammy Bell!!!!! Cammy brought Jak a pair of signed goaly gloves and also signed his new football shirt! We would all like to thank Cammy from the bottom of our hearts as he had a very long journey to make as well but it was very much appreciated. What a genuine lovely guy - he gave Jak the boost he was needing today. Mum and I burst into tears when he walked in as Jak's face completely lit up! Thanks to Uncle Dave and Grandad for helping arrange this. Once Cammy left, and Jak had come back to reality, he was tired again so dropped off for a wee snooze whilst my Granma watched him,

UPDATE:

I posted a message his Mum sent me on FB ..... guid lad Jak!

See it here ....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting BP9! Great story.. Well done Cammy and The Rangers!

What I like about this is that it's done without fanfare.... Sure players and the club do this all the time. Not looking for any thanks etc... But they make a a material difference.

As others have said.... Stay strong wee man. You'll beat this!