What's the story?

legalbeagle

For the first time in over 2 years we have just beaten a top league team, we actually were the better team by some distance against a mob who are joint top of the table.

This has come on the back of a really good performance and result at the weekend and a general upturn in form over the last few weeks.

So the question has to be, where is everyone?

I come on here after a bad result and have a bunch of new threads created, usually about a dozen to slag off the manager and then one for every player who played or didn't play in the game to be told how awful they are.

Why don't we get the reverse after a good result? Even the few threads that do exist are quiet.

Have most of us become so entrenched in disliking everyone employed by the club that we can't give credit out when things go well?

When we have a bad result a whole load of people seem desperate for BP9 and, to a much lesser extent, me to come on here and try and defend players or the manager, they all seem quiet today, and that is really sad.

We have just had a good result, it is admittedly only an early cup round and we have a long way to go, but why aren't people enjoying it for what it is and celebrating the success - we haven't had that many opportunities over the last couple of years to do it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many false dawns OP, if we keep this going to the end of the season then I may eat some humble pie.

Then of course we have the posters who are only happy if its all doom and gloom and the club is on the brink.

I am not even asking for people to change their mind about players or manager, just seems to be a lack of enjoying the result for what it was, I agree with you about the doom-mongers

We are a better team than two years ago and have a better squad. You just have to look at the players we have out injured and the guys we had on the bench. Thought we looked strong and solid last night. Nicky Clark, Darren McGregor and Lewis Macleod were standouts. Would love us to get the sheep at Ibrox in the quarters if we beat Falkirk as I think we could have a decent crowd and atmosphere for a game like that.

I am not even asking for people to change their mind about players or manager, just seems to be a lack of enjoying the result for what it was, I agree with you about the doom-mongers

Last night was the first time in I don't know how long that I came home full of pride for my team, just like the old days.

For the first time in over 2 years we have just beaten a top league team, we actually were the better team by some distance against a mob who are joint top of the table.

This has come on the back of a really good performance and result at the weekend and a general upturn in form over the last few weeks.

So the question has to be, where is everyone?

I come on here after a bad result and have a bunch of new threads created, usually about a dozen to slag off the manager and then one for every player who played or didn't play in the game to be told how awful they are.

Why don't we get the reverse after a good result? Even the few threads that do exist are quiet.

Have most of us become so entrenched in disliking everyone employed by the club that we can't give credit out when things go well?

When we have a bad result a whole load of people seem desperate for BP9 and, to a much lesser extent, me to come on here and try and defend players or the manager, they all seem quiet today, and that is really sad.

We have just had a good result, it is admittedly only an early cup round and we have a long way to go, but why aren't people enjoying it for what it is and celebrating the success - we haven't had that many opportunities over the last couple of years to do it!

Negative is easy to do - and we have been an angry support - and poor results / performances bring out that anger. Positive results and good play leaves no place for the anger to go so folk just post about the game and less arguments.

My amateur analysis - probably worth less than 2p.

Ps don't worry next poor result. / draw will have negative normality resumed !

OP makes a good point and I am guilty of doing this - and complete disillusionment at the club and the management over a period of years are certainly a factor. However, if I do my job at work I dont really expect to be praised to the heavens. If my work is shite I would expect to get a bollocking. Its really the same scenario.

Negative is easy to do - and we have been an angry support - and poor results / performances bring out that anger. Positive results and good play leaves no place for the anger to go so folk just post about the game and less arguments.

I'm glad you saw RM sense in that final sentence :lol:

OP makes a good point and I am guilty of doing this - and complete disillusionment at the club and the management over a period of years are certainly a factor. However, if I do my job at work I dont really expect to be praised to the heavens. If my work is shite I would expect to get a bollocking. Its really the same scenario.

Are you on 400k a year using the cleaner as an engineer

i enjoyed the game last night and also the raith game. this is the best we've played in a long time. i know it was just a cup game but it just shows that we aren't THAT BAD. we can hold our own against the supposedly best (or one of the best) teams in scotland at the moment. we did it with motherwell when they were at the top of the league. you have to give credit where it's due. i admit i was one of the people wanting ally out but at the time it's because the perfomances were utter shit. the team and management did a good job so well done to them.

i think a lot of people might think this is just a blip. we'll need to keep this level of performance up and then more people will turn up to watch games. it's been tough to watch us play and you can't honestly blame people who can't be arsed watching it. these people will come back when the football is better and more entertainment.

then you have the people who just want to see our club suffer. they want us to be shit. when we are shit they will fucking scream it from the rooftops. they want our club dead. these people are NOT rangers fans or supporters. fuck the lot of them.

It was a good display, but it is only one result.

We need to be more consistent and cut out silly mistakes as that cost us dearly against United last season.

Fans tend to get carried away, but as I said only one game.

Would love to get the sheep at Ibrox and knock those fuckers out.

I played the result down, my thinking being....it's only Inverness, had we been beaten I'd have been F£%^ing raging. I am guilty of OP's point. Born in '85, I blame my expectation levels on what I grew up with. Have to take a step back and realise that last night IS a great result, for where we are now and where we are going, another step in the right direction.

Too many false dawns OP, if we keep this going to the end of the season then I may eat some humble pie.

Then of course we have the posters who are only happy if its all doom and gloom and the club is on the brink.

Good first paragraph, fell away with usual shite :(

You obviously don't log on to RM during games. The negativity will be posted 5 minutes after kickoff by the 'usual suspects'.

Previous five games we scored 22 goals and now we beat one of the 'top tier' teams. We're not back yet but perhaps heading in the right direction though in honesty I am far from convinced that Mccoist is the man to take us there.

Falkirk are there for the taking just need to keep a balanced approach.

Negative is easier. To be fair, most of it has been warranted. But we have been playing well, scoring goals, and finally starting to keep clean sheets.

It's not just one game, this game came off the back of a brilliant performance against the team that beat us last season in a cup final. I'd say we have played more good stuff than bad over the course of this season so far.

But the negativity ( while warranted) sets in and takes hold, it's hard for some to find that positivity again, possibly because they are a pessimistic person in life. positivity is easier for an optimist like myself I guess :lol:

A few more good wins, and another top league scalp or two, and the perma-negative will have to start changing their minds.

I'd also say some of the more vocal negative guys are starting to crack and some praise is sneaking back into their posts :D Long may it continue.

The team and management have to keep giving us reasons to be positive though, we must keep this momentum going.

Negative is easier. To be fair, most of it has been warranted. But we have been playing well, scoring goals, and finally starting to keep clean sheets.

It's not just one game, this game came off the back of a brilliant performance against the team that beat us last season in a cup final. I'd say we have played more good stuff than bad over the course of this season so far.

But the negativity ( while warranted) sets in and takes hold, it's hard for some to find that positivity again, possibly because they are a pessimistic person in life. positivity is easier for an optimist like myself I guess :lol:

A few more good wins, and another top league scalp or two, and the perma-negative will have to start changing their minds.

I'd also say some of the more vocal negative guys are starting to crack and some praise is sneaking back into their posts :D Long may it continue.

The team and management have to keep giving us reasons to be positive though, we must keep this momentum going.

What happened yesterday then? :pipe: