What we need next season player wise?

CoatbridgeBear

Need to get rid of players first I imagine to free up some room for wages.

The only players I'd fight to hang to are:

• Clark,
  • Lewis,
  • Wallace,
  • maybe Law if he gets his act together consistently
  • Bell,
  • Possibly Aird

To be honest... there's not a lot in this squad that that are at the level we are used to. And... we should want to win the league our first year back. Why not?

Second place is simply the best loser!

The players needed would depend on the league we are playing in as well as affordability. A lot of players will be out of contract at the end of the season. If we are promoted - and as the OP says depending in finances - some may be retained and others added. If we are not promoted then I shudder to think what sort of team could be fielded next season. This is such a pivotal and vital season that its amazing that boycotting and avoiding buying match day tickets is taking place. That is bound to affect funding no matter which league we are in - and I sincerely hope we are promoted at the end of this season so that the debate about who might be added to improve the quality becomes a real and meaningful debate.

Gathering a decent squad for challenging next year isnt as impossible as some think

Top league status instantly increases revenue,the key to this though is a resurgance in fan excitement,a reasonable increase attendance coupled with higher pricing fairly adds to turnover,plus a bit more tv cash prize money availible

The rolfs have rapidly downsized in recent years and its starting to show,with a few additions in key areas coupled with a few good guys we have will make us a half decent side in that league

Attracting them could be a problem though

I don't think we need as many players as people think.

A right back who can do what Lee Wallace does on the left would be ideal. I'm unsure if we would be able to afford that type of player though.

A quality centre back with good leadership qualities to replace Jig. I'm unsure if he will be able to play in a Rangers Premiership challenging team as he isn't getting any younger. In saying that, I said that this season and so far he has proved me wrong.

A good quality striker who can partner Nicky Clark. Keep Boyd and use him as an impact player off the bench. Let Miller and Daly go.

Possibly another midfielder/winger if we have the money to get one.

A thread about personnel changes for next season gets into a second page with no one making a smart arse remark about the manager?

Fuck you RM! You've changed...

It's changed because our last 2 games have been excellent, something a lot of us wanted, so why moan about it.

Keep up the good work Rangers.