Club Chaplain

cameron1873

Was speaking to a boy in work today and he said that there was a piece in the paper today that said something along the line of 'easdale brothers sitting next to the new club chaplain'. Cant find the story but is this true and does anyone know anything about this

Sounds a bit Protestant some of our new diverse support will not like that.

They'l protest the fuckers and ram down our throats how they are atheists and how they are fed up of Rangers traditions and songs and we need to move on........

And yet ironically, here we have an atheist promoting a Reverend, whilst turning the other cheek to being called a fucker.

Sometimes, if you don't prod everything with a stick, everything doesn't bite back. (tu)

Not read whatever the newspaper has said about this but I'm not really sure of what the issue is, unless of course the said newspaper is trying to make another mountain out of a molehill?

A chaplain, in this day and age, doesn't necessary refer to one faith and can be there for all faiths or multi-faith as they're sometimes classed as, hell you can also get chaplains who are known as Animal Chaplains and they serve both humans and animals.

Not read whatever the newspaper has said about this but I'm not really sure of what the issue is, unless of course the said newspaper is trying to make another mountain out of a molehill?

A chaplain, in this day and age, doesn't necessary refer to one faith and can be there for all faiths or multi-faith as they're sometimes classed as, hell you can also get chaplains who are known as Animal Chaplains and they serve both humans and animals.

I think that it is simply the caption to a photo, and therefore not a story at all.

You can also get Humanist Chaplains - they're the ones that will play Pink Floyd for you at your funeral. :thumbup:

http://www.humanistchaplains.org/

Just found this in the Herald, reporting after the AGM...

Outside, shareholders spoke to the media. Colin Foster, 40, from Livingston, said: "There was clearly a group that were antagonistic towards the board and they were quite vocal.

"It's difficult to say whether they were the majority but I don't think they were. I think they were a noisy and sizeable minority.

"I'd say most people were reasonably supportive of the board, particularly the new members of the board. They are clearly big hitters and I've got a lot of confidence in them.

"I think we will have the stability that we need moving forward and I just hope they get the investment needed to get the club back to the top.

"I am concerned with the sizeable, vocal group that were against the board. That needs to get sorted one way or another.

"I asked the question, if the directors would consider the appointment of a club chaplain to act as an anchor for the heart and soul of the club to build trust and bring about peace and try to bring these disparate groups together. They said they would consider it."

http://www.heraldsco...-agm.1387448215