Rangers Games In Your Lifetime You Wish You Could Have Been

K.A.I

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously i cant comment for TheLawMan but the heartbreak could be his reason

Yeah I get that but it is still something I doubt any of us will ever get to experience again.

I was at the 2007 Uefa Cup final at Hampden and remember saying to my old man I would give anything to see Rangers in a European final. Fast forward 1 year... the drive down the M6 is something I will never forget. Still get goosebumps thinking about it.

Pittodrie 87, I went to about 50 games that season but couldn't get a ticket for it which left me gutted.

The 9iar game at tannadice also, another game I didn't have a ticket and had to settle for listening to the radio.

I was at the piggery 99, helicopter Sunday and the Europa final so i guess it sometimes balances itself out.

most gutted ive ever been at not getting a ticket was Leeds at home and my older bro got a ticket, and he insists that is one of the best atmospheres that he ever witnessed at Ibrox. I did however get tickets for all the champions league that year which was also amazing.

Also wish i was at the game when we won the league at Ibrox against the sheep Hateley scored two.

Yeah I get that but it is still something I doubt any of us will ever get to experience again.

I was at the 2007 Uefa Cup final at Hampden and remember saying to my old man I would give anything to see Rangers in a European final. Fast forward 1 year... the drive down the M6 is something I will never forget. Still get goosebumps thinking about it.

Despite the heartbreak it is still one of my proudest moments that we got there but i can see why others don't share my view

The game at the Piggery to win the league was fantastic, but the Lovenkrands cup final was a lot more satisfying. Aside from the Roy Of The Rovers last minute cup final winner it was a statement of intent going into the next season when we won the treble. Winning the league at Parkhead we were so much better than them and knew it was a cert before kick-off - well I thought so anyway - it was a bit of an anti-climax - not that I'm complaining. Loved it. Just saying I thought Lovenkrands final was better.

The game at the Piggery to win the league was fantastic, but the Lovenkrands cup final was a lot more satisfying. Aside from the Roy Of The Rovers last minute cup final winner it was a statement of intent going into the next season when we won the treble. Winning the league at Parkhead we were so much better than them and knew it was a cert before kick-off - well I thought so anyway - it was a bit of an anti-climax - not that I'm complaining. Loved it. Just saying I thought Lovenkrands final was better.

We hadn't beaten Celtic in three games that season until that day, hardly say it was a certainty!

Infact the last time we played them at the Piggery they put 5 past us.

My brother went with his mate to most games in the 91/92 season, and then I took over and was at pretty much every home league game 92/93, and although I saw us play Marseille and Brugges, the first game against Leeds his mate got the ticket.

Not sure a year went by that I didn't remind him of how gutted j was to miss that one.

The other one I missed was Tannadice for 9IAR, but beyond that, I have had a pretty good go at seeing most of the games that I wanted to have seen.

We hadn't beaten Celtic in three games that season until that day, hardly say it was a certainty!

Infact the last time we played them at the Piggery they put 5 past us.

That's why I put next to it that I thought so anyway.

I was just really confident before the game.

The season before we only got beat off them once there in 3 games I think (new year game) and the previous seasons during 9 in a row we had good records there under Smith so all that was fresh in my mind.

Personally I couldn't see anything other than a Rangers win and 2-0 half time game was over as a contest IMO ... kinda the same feeling to when we won the league in 7 minutes at Rugby Park too.