Warburton: The Only Danger Facing Rangers

MRF-LCC-RFC

I have to be honest and say in the match against S J with 15 mins to go the last think I was thinking was, keep shuffling the ball along the back, down the wings and back through the middle looking for openings. I was getting worse when big Nathan kept going with the stepovers and trickery. Found myself screaming just get it into the box. I totally understand where the boss in coming from but my patience shall take a wee bit longer to change. I am right into what he is doing and loving it but for me the utopia would be a combination of Smiths practicalities and Mark Warburtons flair and style.

You need a mix. Nothing with wrong with long balls / passes as an alternative.

You need a mix. Nothing with wrong with long balls / passes as an alternative.

I was just trying to speak honestly about how I fell into the mind set M W was talking about, I am enjoying the philosophy and ethos that the manager has employed. I am saying that the change will need to come from me not that I am in anyway less supportive of the manager and team. Old dogs new tricks and all that.

The measure of our support will be how we as a fan base actively and positively support the team when things are going wrong on the park. There has to be patience and trust during hard times. But these qualities are finite.

I love the Warburton approach. Really enjoying everything about the team and the approach to games. But we still have a long and no doubt bumpy road ahead.

I don't see a problem in building up play from defence through to attack , but when you are a goal behind and time is running out theres git to be urgency shown .

If that means a long ball that's fine its the law if averages get enough balls in the box and you will as score

I don't think it's true that if you hit enough long balls you will score with the theory of relativity, I remember one match when Davie Moyies was Man U manager that Man U actually hit more than 40 crosses into West Ham in the one match and West Ham still beat them in the game (with far less crosses).

I think what Warburton is saying with the article is if we went 1-0 down 10 minutes into a match against Kilmarnock or some other team for example next season, he doesn't want everyone to get on the team's back if we don't score straightaway, instead he and the team would benefit more if we still supported and spurred them on, instead of trying to make them ditch the whole philosophy they are creating by trying to shout for a long ball (i'm sure if a long ball actually was the best option they would take it, like when Danny Wilson smacked a long pass for Waghorn to run onto and smash in against Hibs to make it 4-2 I think it was our fourth goal) etc. What would be the point of implementing this great philosophy all the way down every squad we have including our youth squads and through our full youth full academy if we just ditch it ten minutes into a match because we went 1-0 down (that would be stupid). Toni Kroos is a great player for example, and no matter if the team is losing or winning he always plays the same way with a cool head.