Best Game In Years.

simon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me we were poor 2day and gother out of jail tbh, to many players were off their games and our passing was woeful as much as it was wasteful, but saying that we still managed the win.

On the not about the ref, what the fuck was that about wae big Kiernan and not letting him back on the pitch?

That was shocking and seemed to sum up the pettiness of the man. His 2 assistants were stinking, there was a throw in given when the ball was patently on the line and a clear foul throw from them at the end was missed. I'd be more than interested to have a look at somne of the offside decisions and the blatant fouls and obstructions that were allowed to go unpunished.

I'd almost go as far as calling the referee and at least one of his assistants cheats.

Hard fought win today...thought we struggled down the flanks where we are usually strong.

Tav and Oduwa were as ineffective as McKay and Wallace.

Halliday was terrific and saved our ass a few times.

Those Falkirk twats hauled down our boys any time we got past them....Which wasnt often enough and the less said about the ref and his wee baldy pal with the flag, the better.

Happy with the grit shown at end and Miller made a difference when he came on.

Thought after we scored the first goal we would romp them but we were quite flat, Oduwa flatters to deceive for me, although Tav and Wallace scored screamers I didn't think they had good games today, Halliday & Holt worked their arses off and Shiels done well but the stick out was big big Wags, Special mention for the ref and linesmen - you really want to wrap it as you's are fuckin hopeless .

Falkirk were better than I expected given their result against Ross County but as dirty as I expected a Houston team to be against Rangers.

I thought we had 3 players off their game in Oduwa, Holt and actually Tav, but the team is young and consistency will be tough this early in the season. On the other hand, I thought Halliday and Wallace were right back on their games after a couple of slightly shaky performances.

Waghorn was immense second half and I think Miller is so much better coming on for the last 30 of games. He really gave us a spark when he came on today.

Don't disagree and it was unusual for them .What's not unusual is Wilson being off his .He is way to sloopy,casual .Offers nothing at set pieces in an attacking sense .Players just skip past him and at times ,just doesn't look fit .We really need to drop him for a bit but being big Dave's mate ,maybe this won't happen

We were far from shite. Halliday was outstanding and just when I thought Waghorn was best through the middle, he comes up with a great display out wide once the sub was made. Kiernan, McKay ( first half ), Miller & Law were very good. We also showed a grit against a dirty opponent. My only complaint is we don't shoot enough and Odawa & Wilson were below par.

Officials ruined the game. Shambles.

The standard of officials in Scotland is poor and seems to get worse year on year.

Ended up a good result and certainly an entertaining 90 minutes but Warburton and Weir still have lots to work on. It's early days and the league season is exceeding expectations but many of the support are getting way ahead of themselves. The St Johnstone and Falkirk matches have shown as many strengths as weaknesses and some of the players are not delivering.

We are a work in progress and fans are as entitled to comment on the bad as they are the good.

9 wins in a row is an excellent start and the most positive thing is that we can and will improve.

We were far from shite. Halliday was outstanding and just when I thought Waghorn was best through the middle, he comes up with a great display out wide once the sub was made. Kiernan, McKay ( first half ), Miller & Law were very good. We also showed a grit against a dirty opponent. My only complaint is we don't shoot enough and Odawa & Wilson were below par.

(tu) this.

We are three or so months into a long term project. We are learning how to play this system. So far we have been brilliant.

The standard of officials in Scotland is poor and seems to get worse year on year.

Ended up a good result and certainly an entertaining 90 minutes but Warburton and Weir still have lots to work on. It's early days and the league season is exceeding expectations but many of the support are getting way ahead of themselves. The St Johnstone and Falkirk matches have shown as many strengths as weaknesses and some of the players are not delivering.

We are a work in progress and fans are as entitled to comment on the bad as they are the good.

9 wins in a row is an excellent start and the most positive thing is that we can and will improve.

OK.

Wouldn't say it was the best game in years but it was eventful. The referee was awful. Falkirk played well but they also knew the ref would let them away with anything as well including the time wasting. Their goal was a great finish but he should have been picked up. I thought McKay and Halliday were good in the first half, Waghorn in the second half. Over the whole game I thought Shiels and Kiernan were our best players. The team were also much better in the second half and I think we definitely deserved the win even though it wasn't our best performance.

Good game,sub par performance.

Mckay is scared to take a man on.

Oduwa didnt do much but tbh hes probably sick of the boot getting stuck into him every time.

Wilson is useless. No idea why we signed him.

Deano played well, showed a bit of passion that was severely lacking in the rest of the squad

Miller changed the game imo. Should have been brought on earlier.

And the referee looked like top of the class in the Glasgow School of Beadrattling.

Good result but expect better next time.

Good shout.

Also felt that Wallace was pretty poor too, aside from his goal obviously.

That was a tough game but I'm not surprised as Falkirk sat with everyone behind the ball and had little intention of playing football. Time wasting after they got the equaliser in the first half shows the mentality of them.

No way was that a game where two teams are trying to win the game, only Rangers were interested in doing that and Falkirk got what they deserved from the game......nothing.

The worry for me is the lack of bodies at the back, even Falkirk who offered little to the game could have come away with a result here as our defence is just too easy to get at.

Brilliant going forward and an excellent attitude to the game but we need to have a little more caution at the back if we want to progress in the cup as it will take little quality to create an opening against us with only two and sometimes one left at the back.