I Love James Tavernier

WATBB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's already been about four occasions this season where he's done something that's completely swung the momentum of a game.

He's quality player but he's also a big game player. The type of player who can turn one point into three, swing the flow of a game or give the crowd a lift when play is a bit flat or the team is under the cosh.

Can't believe we got him for £200,000 or there abouts. An absolute steal.

I was saying as much to my brother yesterday, we got tav and wags for 400k, they two have given us 23 goals between them so far this season.

To think we were talking about spending the same amount on the rhat SA, he would have to of been some player for us to have given us the same value as tav and wags.

He was probably as poor yesterday as use seen him in a Rangers jersey. There just seemed to be something missing between himself and Oduwa in the first half and nothing was coming off for either of them. For all his goals this season and stand out performances up till now, yesterday showed me even more about this guy. He never gave up, he never stopped wanting the ball and trying to be positive with it even when things weren't going his way. I don't think I would have been the only one delighted with his attitude on a tough day and I'm sure I'm not the only one who just knew he was scoring that free kick. He's a fucking superstar, hes got it all. Ability by the bucket load, drive and determination to succeed, a willingness to work hard and improve, and perhaps most surprisingly considering his short time here, real affection for the club and the fans.

Long may he be our blue cafe.

i think the problem yesterday on the right was oduwa , for whatever reason he just wasnt switched on , wasnt showing for the ball or making runs for tav too play him in

Love Tavernier! Fell for him the moment he scored that free kick away to Hibs :P

In all seriousness though he is a great player and is the only player we've had in a while who I have thought could play in the English premier league comfortably one day.The wee man really needs his own song too!

Love Tavernier! Fell for him the moment he scored that free kick away to Hibs :P

In all seriousness though he is a great player and is the only player we've had in a while who I have thought could play in the English premier league comfortably one day.The wee man really needs his own song too!

He has a song,it's just no cunt sings it.

He loves us until a team from down south come calling.

Footballers today are mercenaries - I'll enjoy him while he's here but I don't buy this love in shit players tweet about now. Sniff of a better contract and he'll be away.

He's already said he wants to play in the EPL so we're just going to have to enjoy him while he's here and if we're to get a fee for him then he might just be here for just another 19 month

He was probably as poor yesterday as use seen him in a Rangers jersey. There just seemed to be something missing between himself and Oduwa in the first half and nothing was coming off for either of them. For all his goals this season and stand out performances up till now, yesterday showed me even more about this guy. He never gave up, he never stopped wanting the ball and trying to be positive with it even when things weren't going his way. I don't think I would have been the only one delighted with his attitude on a tough day and I'm sure I'm not the only one who just knew he was scoring that free kick. He's a fucking superstar, hes got it all. Ability by the bucket load, drive and determination to succeed, a willingness to work hard and improve, and perhaps most surprisingly considering his short time here, real affection for the club and the fans.

Long may he be our blue cafe.

THIS X 100

All down to one man, Dave King.

100% mate, hes invested millions since his return --- the bread-man has fuck all to do with it

Tav seems to be enjoying playing weekly, loves the adulation from the fans and genuinely seems settled at Rangers. I love his never say die attitude and his direct running lus he takes a decent free kick!!

To many getting carried away here, I love tav but he is far from being a right back in the EPL, i would go as far as saying as we move forward tav cannot play right back??

By all means play the lad in an advanced role but he will be exposed as a defender.

To many getting carried away here, I love tav but he is far from being a right back in the EPL, i would go as far as saying as we move forward tav cannot play right back??

By all means play the lad in an advanced role but he will be exposed as a defender.

How do you know that??? Only when he is tested by a quality winger will we know that as a fact. At the moment all you are doing is guessing. From what I see he reads the game well, he is fast and he s strong. If you have some insight into why he cannot play RB, please feel free to elucidate.

After watching man ure's right back the day then we've got bargain of the season as Tav is 10x the player man ure are using

Tavernier has spent the majority of the past three years as a English League One player because he wasn't deemed good enough to play at a higher level.

For as bad as he was yesterday Darmian is a near 15 million pound Italian international.

I love Tavernier as much as everybody else but let's keep a bit of perspective :lol:

I'm not saying he's EPL standard but there's loads of full backs who are attacking threats that can't defend worth a fuck playing at the top level. He's not a great defender but he more than makes up for that with what he offers going forward.

I'd rather have an attacking threat like Tavernier over a solid honest plodding defender like Kirk Broadfoot any day of the week.

How do you know that??? Only when he is tested by a quality winger will we know that as a fact. At the moment all you are doing is guessing. From what I see he reads the game well, he is fast and he s strong. If you have some insight into why he cannot play RB, please feel free to elucidate.

My observation is based on how good he is in forward areas, it would be a waste not to use his ability further up the park so my insight is based on if he is used further up the park I would be happier to see an actual solid right back in the team.

I just don't think we can expect the lad to keep bombing up the park in the spl as we will be subjected to better players on the counter attack.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/rangers-scoring-sensation-james-tavernier-6574978

Some of the quotes from Tav in this are brilliant.

" We are Rangers football club everyone wans to beat us. People are willing put their foot in but we give it back and we are always up for a challenge. We’ll always be at it"

Tavernier has spent the majority of the past three years as a English League One player because he wasn't deemed good enough to play at a higher level.

For as bad as he was yesterday Darmian is a near 15 million pound Italian international.

I love Tavernier as much as everybody else but let's keep a bit of perspective :lol:

well if man ure paid £15 mill for that donkey no wonder they got pumped yesterday never saw him do one thing right and for that money I'd be expecting a lot better

well if man ure paid £15 mill for that donkey no wonder they got pumped yesterday never saw him do one thing right and for that money I'd be expecting a lot better

Maybe he just had a bad game. Do you always make a judgement on a players ability after 90 minutes of football?

My observation is based on how good he is in forward areas, it would be a waste not to use his ability further up the park so my insight is based on if he is used further up the park I would be happier to see an actual solid right back in the team.

I just don't think we can expect the lad to keep bombing up the park in the spl as we will be subjected to better players on the counter attack.

So you'd be happier playing him out of position. Okay Ally. :D

I don't have any concerns over his ability to get forward as he does now and still be an effective RB. We're talking about the SPL not the EPL More concerned about our CB's lack of mobility