Peter Houston Post-Match

kanjo

Sited for Bad Language what a rocket, surely he should be sited for that interview aswell.

Yes, it was amusing that he admitted that he'd seen the ref and was being cited for "offensive language", then complains about our staff asking the ref questions at half time and the Falkirk TV guy says, "And did they get reported?" as if to imply that it was somehow unfair, but Houston appeared to accept he'd used the bad language, while there was no mention of any of our staff using bad language.

As for the incident, the guy gets a touch on the ball, but Law's effectively nutmegged him and is stepping forward onto the ball, whereas the defender, having made a slight touch on the ball, has lost the ball behind him and he takes Law out, preventing him from taking advantage of the nutmeg.

I can see there's a shade of grey here, but it's not 50-50. I'd say that it's more a 75-25 in favour of a foul being given Rangers way. After all, Law was still attacking and in possession. The defender had lost the ball behind him and took out a player with a scoring, or at least attacking, opportunity. Interesting to note that the BEEB panelists seemed to lean the other way.

I can see him saying he disagreed with the foul, but to claim it was a foul for Falkirk just seems like the preposterous nonsense you'd have expected from a young Falkirk fan who hasn't yet left primary school. Basically, he was having a tantrum because he didn't get the toy he wanted.

Also, interesting to observe, or rather not in terms of the BBC highlights that there was no penalty claim or keeper handball outside the box.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was amusing that he admitted that he'd seen the ref and was being cited for "offensive language", then complains about our staff asking the ref questions at half time and the Falkirk TV guy says, "And did they get reported?" as if to imply that it was somehow unfair, but Houston appeared to accept he'd used the bad language, while there was no mention of any of our staff using bad language.

As for the incident, the guy gets a touch on the ball, but Law's effectively nutmegged him and is stepping forward onto the ball, whereas the defender, having made a slight touch on the ball, has lost the ball behind him and he takes Law out, preventing him from taking advantage of the nutmeg.

I can see there's a shade of grey here, but it's not 50-50. I'd say that it's more a 75-25 in favour of a foul being given Rangers way. After all, Law was still attacking and in possession. The defender had lost the ball behind him and took out a player with a scoring, or at least attacking, opportunity. Interesting to note that the BEEB panelists seemed to lean the other way.

I can see him saying he disagreed with the foul, but to claim it was a foul for Falkirk just seems like the preposterous nonsense you'd have expected from a young Falkirk fan who hasn't yet left primary school. Basically, he was having a tantrum because he didn't get the toy he wanted.

Also, interesting to observe, or rather not in terms of the BBC highlights that there was no penalty claim or keeper handball outside the box.

Well that didn't last long.

So much for the new ' understanding 'we forged with the bbc .

From my seat in the main stand that is exactly the way I saw it. Looked like a nutmeg and he got wiped out. Simple.

Beeb panellists? I widnae pish on any of those cnuts if they were on fire. I simply do not watch or listen to them any more. It really is that bad nowadays.

From my seat in the main stand that is exactly the way I saw it. Looked like a nutmeg and he got wiped out. Simple.

Beeb panellists? I widnae pish on any of those cnuts if they were on fire. I simply do not watch or listen to them any more. It really is that bad nowadays.

The ball seemed almost incidental to the defender. Looked like he was going for ball, man and everything else in the way.

If the coach/manager doesn't see that and is telling his players it's a good challenge, in light of modern refereeing, they're gonna lose a hell of a lot of free kicks with these aggressive challenges, particularly if they do it against Hearts with Craig Thomson refereeing, as Kevin Thomson can testify.And he'll give an automatic red card too, for it.

Swear how many times this season have we said that was the worst ref performance? Embarrassing but made a lot more bad decisions against us than them! Bitter bastard hope we turn them over at there own ground will love to see what he has to say than!

Took the time to actually listen to your interview ya Shettleston,and heard you saying you were "outraging" and changed it to "seething". The good news is you have still have another 3 matches to play against us ya cunt,then it might be a long time before we ever have to play you again. Hope you enjoy the championship for a long time. :uk:

The ball seemed almost incidental to the defender. Looked like he was going for ball, man and everything else in the way.

If the coach/manager doesn't see that and is telling his players it's a good challenge, in light of modern refereeing, they're gonna lose a hell of a lot of free kicks with these aggressive challenges, particularly if they do it against Hearts with Craig Thomson refereeing, as Kevin Thomson can testify.And he'll give an automatic red card too, for it.

Cannot disagree with anything in your post.

I trust Houston will recant his pish when he has a good look at it. Then again, he is a wank.

The penalty for a blatant barge?
At least 8 yellows they could have been given for challenges / assaults?
An off the ball stamp on Hallidays's achilles?
Failure to control players who crowded the (awful) referee?
An off the ball yanking back of Waggy as he burst into space on the left as we attacked on the right?
A keeper deliberately handling outside the box - RED CARD anyone?
Our CH refused entry to play at a corner we were defending having had his shirt ripped by their player?
Ref pointing to watch indicating he'd noted THEIR time wasting which THEY then benefitted from?

His silence on those is deafening and his clear bias shows him to be the snivelling bitter bheggar that he is.

What he fails to acknowledge it was a free kick that still had to get by their 6 man wall I think and their goal keeper and he has conveniently forgot we scored 3 goals and it finished 3-1 not 2-1. He is just a bitter f and I hope sfa throw the book at him.

What he fails to acknowledge it was a free kick that still had to get by their 6 man wall I think and their goal keeper and he has conveniently forgot we scored 3 goals and it finished 3-1 not 2-1. He is just a bitter f and I hope sfa throw the book at him.

Good point.

You usually hear managers criticise a decision, then add "But to be fair to the lad, he's scored a fantastic free kick" or something like that, just to demonstrate that they have a wee bit of balance and fairness.

Not Houston. No.

Well, we can probably take it for granted that he's still seething and that it's been a hellish couple of days for him, which I see as just another layer of natural justice.

It'll be interesting to see how many red cards they get in their upcoming games, if that's what he thinks a good tackle is in the modern game.

Maybe Whitney should have took it up with the ref at the chapel, one things for sure the ref ain't a prod so maybe that explains some of his decisions, for instance the penalty, keeper handling outside his box and Kiernan's shirt. Give me one instance of roman catholics being biased in Rangers favour and I will eat my hat, there is plenty evidence of the opposite, starting with Whitney's interview. We are always portrayed as the big bad bigots in the media. One thing our recent problems has highlighted is that it is the bitter catholics that are full of hatred and bigotry towards us. It is instilled in them from an early age in their "custom" state funded separate education system. If nil by mouth and the rest of them really want to stop bigotry and sectarianism in Scotland why are they not campaigning for the abolition of catholic schools? Surely separation of children through out their schooling is the root cause, and Peter Huston is a shinning example of the end product.

Maybe Whitney should have took it up with the ref at the chapel, one things for sure the ref ain't a prod so maybe that explains some of his decisions, for instance the penalty, keeper handling outside his box and Kiernan's shirt. Give me one instance of roman catholics being biased in Rangers favour and I will eat my hat, there is plenty evidence of the opposite, starting with Whitney's interview. We are always portrayed as the big bad bigots in the media. One thing our recent problems has highlighted is that it is the bitter catholics that are full of hatred and bigotry towards us. It is instilled in them from an early age in their "custom" state funded separate education system. If nil by mouth and the rest of them really want to stop bigotry and sectarianism in Scotland why are they not campaigning for the abolition of catholic schools? Surely separation of children through out their schooling is the root cause, and Peter Huston is a shinning example of the end product.

1442012815772.gif

At the time i thought we were lucky and it wasnt a free kick but after seeing it again it was a stick on free kick. Correct decision. Houston surely has to watch it again and apologise. Embarrassing for him.

Clever play from Law to put the ball through the def legs and def follow through his tackle takes law down meaning that law advantage was lost FK awareded opinion was the correct decision. Regardless of the FK he still has to score from it which he duly does I dont see why he blames the ref from being beaten his players def wall was poor and KP doesnt save it from a well executed FK and Wallace scores a 3 goal.