Which Option?

Hoof, pass or back to Wes?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Hoof, pass or back to Wes?

• Hoof
    • Start a move with a forward pass
    • Pass back to Foderingham to punt or start a move.

89 minutes played at the piggery with Rangers leading 2 - 1 when a loose ball deep in Rangers' half is chased by 2 septic forwards and 1 Rangers defender who gets there first. Would you rather he tried to play the ball out of defence, pass back to West to try to get a new attack started or hoof the ball out of play as far upfield as possible?

For me, the hoof is the answer as the other options give the chance of an equaliser.

I tried to set up this as a poll but after 3 attempts gave up. If someone wants to do so, go ahead.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hoof option is the only one likely to guarantee the opposition get control of the ball. I'd try and play out if the option presented itself, otherwise return to our competent ball-playing Goalkeeper

It might give them control of the ball but, with less than a minute to go, they are less likely to score from near halfway than from a 2 to 1 on Wes.

Play a 1 two with the keeper taking out both attackers, hit a 30 yards pass with outside of boot wide to Waghorn who runs onto it roulettes around Izaguirre, hits by line, cuts back to Oduwa who, one on one with the keeper, rainbow flicks it over Gordon and into the net for 3-1.

Warburtons Rangers!

:uk:

Play a 1 two with the keeper taking out both attackers, hit a 30 yards pass with outside of boot wide to Waghorn who runs onto it roulettes around Izaguirre, hits by line, cuts back to Oduwa who, one on one with the keeper, rainbow flicks it over Gordon and into the net for 3-1.

Warburtons Rangers!

Simples

So basically keep possession so they have absolutely no chance of scoring or boot the ball away,hand them possession on a plate and give them another chance to come at us.

Hmmmm,that's a hard one....

Or, more likely with our defenders, lose possession and give them a 2 on 1 on Wes.

It might give them control of the ball but, with less than a minute to go, they are less likely to score from near halfway than from a 2 to 1 on Wes.

They're even less likely to score if we have the ball. Why would you want to give it back to them? This just smacks of "I don't trust our defence. Who is with me?"

Edit: I see you outed your motivation before I posted.

89 minutes played at the piggery with Rangers leading 2 - 1 when a loose ball deep in Rangers' half is chased by 2 septic forwards and 1 Rangers defender who gets there first. Would you rather he tried to play the ball out of defence, pass back to West to try to get a new attack started or hoof the ball out of play as far upfield as possible?

For me, the hoof is the answer as the other options give the chance of an equaliser.

I tried to set up this as a poll but after 3 attempts gave up. If someone wants to do so, go ahead.

There's your poll, mate.

Pass it to Wes who will either give it back to the defender or pick someone out further up the park, ball possession is key, especially when defending a lead so late in the match. A punt could land right at one of their midfielders who will just bring it forward again.

Leathering it out of play gives them a chance to bring the cavalry forward.

Warburtons Rangers!

Damm - that the option I was going to suggest!

I'll trust well-coached Rangers players to do the right thing and out-play two ronnie-coached beasts and set-up the third goal. I'd hate to live in a hypothetical world where the beasts are trusted to do better than the bears in that scenario.