Ibrox Stadium Upgrade

saltire266

Fellow bears what would you like to see as an upgrade to the existing stadium to help boost seating capacity?

I would like to see the 3 other stands changed to the same as the main stand with a standing enclosure on the bottom of each stand with 2 seated levels above.

Would be nice to see another 3 white girders fitted like the existing main stand one also.

Thoughts?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this yesterday, along with upgrading the look of the place. I would make the Copeland safe standing capacity wise, other than that I would change the window things in each enclosure to panels, as well as panelling the brickwork outside the stadium, needs a good wash as well, id get more blue around it as well, like blue panels or something.

I would like radiators and under floor heating for the winter as it gets cold. I would also like waitress service bringing beer to our new padded seats in the good weather days. Every concourse should also sell bevy before and at ht and an hr after the matches. I would also have a holding pen under the exits where anyone trying to leave before the game is finished get put in there unless they have a medical certificate from their doctor.

I would like radiators and under floor heating for the winter as it gets cold. I would also like waitress service bringing beer to our new padded seats in the good weather days. Every concourse should also sell bevy before and at ht and an hr after the matches. I would also have a holding pen under the exits where anyone trying to leave before the game is finished get put in there unless they have a medical certificate from their doctor.

If Carlsberg did stadium upgrades huh?

Still too early for anything major but I think the following I would like to see done:

1. Safe standing in the enclosures with retractable seating.

2. Corner screens removed and upper tier connected round the corners.

I think that would take us to around 55,000

Although it would look good, connecting the upper tiers round the corners would be a major job for relatively little additional capacity. Probably the reason it's not been done already.