Ibrox Stadium Upgrade

saltire266

I would like radiators and under floor heating for the winter as it gets cold. I would also like waitress service bringing beer to our new padded seats in the good weather days. Every concourse should also sell bevy before and at ht and an hr after the matches. I would also have a holding pen under the exits where anyone trying to leave before the game is finished get put in there unless they have a medical certificate from their doctor.

What like Bar 72. ;) ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've still got 17000 regularly available seats. Nowhere near the demand to justify expansion

That isn't actually a great deal in all honesty. I think the priorities lie elsewhere, but 33,000 season ticket holders in this division is some feat, in fact 33,000 in any division is some feat. If we did end up looking at 45,000 st holders, in the top league, on a consistent basis then it would become a priority I reckon.

That isn't actually a great deal in all honesty. I think the priorities lie elsewhere, but 33,000 season ticket holders in this division is some feat, in fact 33,000 in any division is some feat. If we did end up looking at 45,000 st holders, in the top league, on a consistent basis then it would become a priority I reckon.

Oh absolutely. 33k is a great number just now. The problem is with 1/3 of the tickets still available a drop in for could see sales drop quickly. As you say, if we can consistently hit 45k+ ST holders and there is still demand for more then it'll be something to look at.

A safe standing section is a must and also more areas such as Bar 72 where fans spend that bit extra for a bit more comfort which in turns means we can offer cheaper seats in other areas of the stadium.

Bar 72 is a pain in the arse. The amount of cunts getting up for a pish makes it not worth while.

We have no need to increase capacity. Despite having "sold out" the last couple games there are still plenty of empty seats around the stadium. there were 3 empty ones right infront of me in the sandy jardine stand on sunday and the club deck always has empty seats and there's always empty seats away at the bottom corners.

If we did increase capacity then i'd get rid of the big screens and fill it in with seats. bring in safe standing for either broomloan/copland. or for both with only the bottom tiers being standing. another idea would be to join the bill struth stand to broomloan/copland and but don't think that look that great.

We have no need to increase capacity. Despite having "sold out" the last couple games there are still plenty of empty seats around the stadium. there were 3 empty ones right infront of me in the sandy jardine stand on sunday and the club deck always has empty seats and there's always empty seats away at the bottom corners.

If we did increase capacity then i'd get rid of the big screens and fill it in with seats. bring in safe standing for either broomloan/copland. or for both with only the bottom tiers being standing. another idea would be to join the bill struth stand to broomloan/copland and but don't think that look that great.

Fair enough, but remember there are Bears who can't get to games all the time but still buy a season ticket. There are also guys who live abroad that buy season tickets to ensure support for the club.

The corners of the enclosure do have some seats that aren't usually sold because of extremely restricted viewing as well.

Fellow bears what would you like to see as an upgrade to the existing stadium to help boost seating capacity?

I would like to see the 3 other stands changed to the same as the main stand with a standing enclosure on the bottom of each stand with 2 seated levels above.

Would be nice to see another 3 white girders fitted like the existing main stand one also.

Thoughts?

Aye and who's gonna pay for all this??? All that money for how many extra fans??? Only way is to fill the corners and throw the screens in a skip, then if we have cash the govan and only the govan stand can be built on.

there are always empty seats for which could be a multitude of reasons it doesn't mean they haven't been paid for.

some people just can't make it every game and the example I can give is the seat next to me lies empty almost every game and has done

for the last 3 seasons.

I think a bear who lives abroad buys it and consoles him (or her) self with the knowledge that they are putting money into the club when they can't actually attend a game.

A guy was in it at the hivs game, ranted a lot then left with 20 mins to go probably 'a down the pub for the game loyal' member who picked it up through secondary ticketing.

If I found myself to be in the situation where I was living abroad I would still buy my season ticket as well and I would donate it to govanblue and let him allocate it to whomever he sees fit.

Imo the only really way to anything at the moment is a third tier on the govan stand, with a debenture scheme similar to when the club deck was built so it cost the club minimal outlay. But I think you would struggle to get 5-7k fans who would sign up to it after what happened a few years ago.

Filling in the corners would be expensive due to the structural work required due to the goal post design of the stands.