Another Stevie May Thread

People need to stop aiming so low, McKay and Stevie May stood out for diddy teams in the SPl and have done fuck all since and as the likes of Sandaza, Daly, Clark, Law, Shiels, Templeton, Zaliukas, Black have shown us its completely different standing out for diddy teams than it is to stand out at Rangers. There is a reason Warburton had generally avoided shite from the Scottish leagues there are far better players who would be far better value for money elsewhere.

I am not saying May is shite as I honestly have not seen enough of him to pass opinion however your point is a good one around value for money.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem obsessed by May and Mackay we need to aim higher now - we have the team to win this league already. Now we need to look at filling in the loan positions for next year and a proper back-up for Waghorn - we should see where we are come Christmas and those out of contract, then look to bring more quality in the Summer...I would rather we went for Scottish successes in England not failures.

We seem obsessed by May and Mackay we need to aim higher now - we have the team to win this league already. Now we need to look at filling in the loan positions for next year and a proper back-up for Waghorn - we should see where we are come Christmas and those out of contract, then look to bring more quality in the Summer...I would rather we went for Scottish successes in England not failures.

Which Scottish successes in England... ?

Jason Holt hardly set the world alight down south and has been excellent for us.

I'd like to see us go for Xavi. He already knows the formation and style of play so would fit straight in. He´s getting on a bit but could still do a job for us. Dean Shiels moving the other way.

Available on a free ;) We'd need a few hundred k for Dean though.

A rumour doing the rounds is that Sheffield Wednesday want to put Stevie May out on loan and both Hibs and Rangers are keen on signing the former St Johnstone striker.

We'll bring you any updates that we get but this could be an interesting move in the battle for the Championship.

May joined Sheffield Wednesday last summer but struggled to recreate the form he had shown in Scotland.

A rumour doing the rounds is that Sheffield Wednesday want to put Stevie May out on loan and both Hibs and Rangers are keen on signing the former St Johnstone striker.

We'll bring you any updates that we get but this could be an interesting move in the battle for the Championship.

May joined Sheffield Wednesday last summer but struggled to recreate the form he had shown in Scotland.

Where's this from?

Only one winner in that battle! :21:

Eh? He scored 5 in 15 for them from central midfield. Not bad if you ask me.

He wasn't fancied by a lot down there and they elected not to offer him a contract despite his stats. Point is that this idea that May is below us purely because he played for another Scottish side is nonsense.

He wasn't fancied by a lot down there and they elected not to offer him a contract despite his stats. Point is that this idea that May is below us purely because he played for another Scottish side is nonsense.

He is below us, because I don't think he or mackay are good enough for us to challenge Celtic next season - our next batch of players have to be in the next bracket of quality. Holt was to be offered a contract then they changed there mind to concentrate on there own academy. Quality not quantity is the motto and I agree with that - which has nothing to do with whether he played for another Scottish team. No idea where you got that from ? As good as Holt has been - he and law are going to fight for the remaining place in the must win games.

He is below us, because I don't think he or mackay are good enough for us to challenge Celtic next season - our next batch of players have to be in the next bracket of quality. Holt was to be offered a contract then they changed there mind to concentrate on there own academy. Quality not quantity is the motto and I agree with that - which has nothing to do with whether he played for another Scottish team. No idea where you got that from ? As good as Holt has been - he and law are going to fight for the remaining place in the must win games.

Stevie May is a class player. He'd be a star in our team and a star when we're back in the premiership. And he's also young. A more mobile version of Kris Boyd.