Zaliukas Is Away

The timing of this surprised me a little bit, but it's a good decision.The tactic of moving Kiernan to left of the central defence and playing Ball on the right covers the scenario of Wilson/Wallace being unavailable.

Good luck to Zaliukas.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing of this surprised me a little bit, but it's a good decision.The tactic of moving Kiernan to left of the central defence and playing Ball on the right covers the scenario of Wilson/Wallace being unavailable.

Good luck to Zaliukas.

:thumbup:

Always the pragmatist OB, you would fit in well with W&W mate, as you can go straight to the reasons for the latest players to be released, the raw football reasons, the ones that basically make the decisions for the management, the betterment of the team, good post bud.

:uk:

:thumbup:

Always the pragmatist OB, you would fit in well with W&W mate, as you can go straight to the reasons for the latest players to be released, the raw football reasons, the ones that basically make the decisions for the management, the betterment of the team, good post bud.

Thanks mate (tu) I would like to think that having over 60 years of playing, coaching/managing teams of all ages and standards I would eventually get a handle on all this sort of stuff :lol:

Warburton is my kind of manager; he brought in Kiernan who everybody regarded (rightly so) as a right sided central defender then he brings in Ball on loan, who is also a right sided central defender which let us release McGregor who in all honesty would not fit into our current system.

Now many on here were wanting another central defender brought in, so what does Warburton do? he moves Kiernan left, Ball slots in as if he has been here for years and releases Zaliukas who was in the same boat as McGregor, which proves we have cover for the left defensive side of the pitch if Wilson or Wallace are unavailable.

Added to that list is youngsters Tom Lang who Warburton brought to the club and Craig Halkett who I'm sure will be looked closely at on the training pitch and the u/20's

Next year will be a different kettle of fish, but for now I think W&W will be happy with what we have for the defence. :pipe:

It's football, not rocket science; bring in hungry players who can pass, move and retain the ball as a unit and success will come :thumbup:

Thanks and good luck

Aye, thanks Zal. Always a positive when you get no transfer fee in return for decent wages for doing very little to nothing. We should all send Ally a card. Yet another expensive dud we've had to pay off because of him.

Won't be missed at Ibrox and yet another Ally dud that we've had no return for.

Nevertheless though, good luck to the guy. Hopefully he finds a club that's more his level. He was never going to cut it at Rangers, unfortunately for him. We all knew that, bar our dire management at the time though.

Thanks mate (tu) I would like to think that having over 60 years of playing, coaching/managing teams of all ages and standards I would eventually get a handle on all this sort of stuff :lol:

Warburton is my kind of manager; he brought in Kiernan who everybody regarded (rightly so) as a right sided central defender then he brings in Ball on loan, who is also a right sided central defender which let us release McGregor who in all honesty would not fit into our current system.

Now many on here were wanting another central defender brought in, so what does Warburton do? he moves Kiernan left, Ball slots in as if he has been here for years and releases Zaliukas who was in the same boat as McGregor, which proves we have cover for the left defensive side of the pitch if Wilson or Wallace are unavailable.

Added to that list is youngsters Tom Lang who Warburton brought to the club and Craig Halkett who I'm sure will be looked closely at on the training pitch and the u/20's

Next year will be a different kettle of fish, but for now I think W&W will be happy with what we have for the defence. :pipe:

It's football, not rocket science; bring in hungry players who can pass, move and retain the ball as a unit and success will come :thumbup:

Can't find fault with your reasoning, as it is ...... well faultless mate, another good post. :thumbup:

Experience is the new black ...... or is it orange? ....... in our case both are OK. :lol:

His comments after the draw with Cowdenbeath last season, petulantly suggesting that it was in fact a decent result, summed-up our 2014/15 season for me.

Barring McGregor who tried despite being second-rate (his Player of the Year award also sums-up last season), I refuse to wish any of those who left good luck.

For the first time in my life, I was embarrassed to be a Rangers fan. I was embarrassed that tarriers in work could mock us and despite giving as good as I got, the ammunition we gave them was overwhelming. We were a laughing stock last season and that pain will take a long, long time to disappear.

Warburton and Weir are doing an incredible job in rebuilding our team, but I will forever hold players like Marius Zaliukas responsible for the shambles that was last season.

Also, someone mentioned Templeton; he'll be going nowhere. Ignoring the fact that he's injured and wouldn't pass a medical elsewhere, he's on around £7,000 per-week and he'll get that nowhere else, nor will be interested in a cut amount of his annual salary in the form of a pay-off. Performance-wise, since we were relegated, he has been by far and without doubt the biggest disappointment.

Can't find fault with your reasoning, as it is ...... well faultless mate, another good post. :thumbup:

Experience is the new black ...... or is it orange? ....... in our case both are OK. :lol:

You can't buy experience,Bobby :D I will happily settle for Black, as long as it isn't Ian Black doh but I'll gladly take the orange in lieu of :thumbup: I like the tactics of Warburton but I'd be a bit happier with a dedicated ball-winner sitting in front of the 2 central defenders, whether it be Eustace or a similar type player to Stuart McCall to stop these breakaways when our central defenders get turned if our attacks break down. :pipe:

Aye, thanks Zal. Always a positive when you get no transfer fee in return for decent wages for doing very little to nothing. We should all send Ally a card. Yet another expensive dud we've had to pay off because of him.

:lol: :lol:

Haters hate - can't enjoy the moment as they are to busy looking backwards for negativity and spite to spew! How sad!

:lol: :lol:

Haters hate - can't enjoy the moment as they are to busy looking backwards for negativity and spite to spew! How sad!

You are so blinkered, it's unreal.

Give us all at least one point of positivity or one good quality that Zaliukas brought to Rangers then. Will you, please? I can't even remember Zal having a good game for us. It was McCoist who brought this guy in, along with the other shiftless bastards who did next to nothing, collected a fortune and assisted our ex-manager in setting our Club back at least a year.

What we are enjoying now is the fact that we have a manager who can actually manage and coach a football team, along with having tactical and scouting knowledge. You could write what McCoist knew about tactics and scouting on the back of a postage stamp. He was nothing more than a figurehead at Rangers and anyone who knows anything about football could see that from day one. And the fact that he continues to bank thousands from the Club is fucking sickening, given the utter tripe that we were all reduced to for three years.

So yes, until all of McCoist's duds are out the door, people will be looking back. Looking back in bloody disgust. Luckily, there isn't too many more to be ousted. McCoist made a handful (and you could count them all on one hand) of decent to good signings in his time as manager. Lee Wallace, the obvious one. Bocanegra and Goian were good for the one season we had them (whom he then released from their contracts on full pay) and maybe Shiels and McGregor. The rest, utter garbage. The fact that he even considered bringing in Kevin Kyle is a sackable offence alone, IMO.

We could go on all day and rehash a bunch of old shit, but that's not gonna do anyone any good. Plus, you'll be reading this with your McCoist-tinted spectacles on, so there's no real point in going on anyway. But I'll leave you with some quick facts as a footer.

Some quick facts are: We have a new manager. He has the right ideas and philosophies to take us forward. He is undoing the bad work of the previous management regime and doing it in spectacular fashion. He didn't gain his coaching qualifications from playing a season of Football Manager and his idea of training isn't a game of 'Piggy-In-The-Middle' followed by balls being belted at his bare arse.

Give us all at least one point of positivity or one good quality that Zaliukas brought to Rangers then. Will you, please? I can't even remember Zal having a good game for us. It was McCoist who brought this guy in, along with the other shiftless bastards who did next to nothing, collected a fortune and assisted our ex-manager in setting our Club back at least a year.

What we are enjoying now is the fact that we have a manager who can actually manage and coach a football team, along with having tactical and scouting knowledge. You could write what McCoist knew about tactics and scouting on the back of a postage stamp. He was nothing more than a figurehead at Rangers and anyone who knows anything about football could see that from day one. And the fact that he continues to bank thousands from the Club is fucking sickening, given the utter tripe that we were all reduced to for three years.

So yes, until all of McCoist's duds are out the door, people will be looking back. Looking back in bloody disgust. Luckily, there isn't too many more to be ousted. McCoist made a handful (and you could count them all on one hand) of decent to good signings in his time as manager. Lee Wallace, the obvious one. Bocanegra and Goian were good for the one season we had them (whom he then released from their contracts on full pay) and maybe Shiels and McGregor. The rest, utter garbage. The fact that he even considered bringing in Kevin Kyle is a sackable offence alone, IMO.

We could go on all day and rehash a bunch of old shit, but that's not gonna do anyone any good. Plus, you'll be reading this with your McCoist-tinted spectacles on, so there's no real point in going on anyway. But I'll leave you with some quick facts as a footer.

Some quick facts are: We have a new manager. He has the right ideas and philosophies to take us forward. He is undoing the bad work of the previous management regime and doing it in spectacular fashion. He didn't gain his coaching qualifications from playing a season of Football Manager and his idea of training isn't a game of 'Piggy-In-The-Middle' followed by balls being belted at his bare arse.

Fukin right on

No my fight big fella but did you deliberately leave out Law, Miller, Clark, Sheils, McKay and arguably Aird. Think we all accept that A M tenure will be regarded as failure, of that there is no doubt but do we only look back with blinkers on and just see the negatives.

The football we are seeing now is brilliant, I am loving every minute of it. Better that we move on from pointing fingers and hurling insults at what was a disappointing period in terms of football and off pitch shenanigans and leave it the past. We should all move forward with the man with the magic hat. Onwards and upwards guys :thumbup:

No my fight big fella but did you deliberately leave out Law, Miller, Clark, Sheils, McKay and arguably Aird. Think we all accept that A M tenure will be regarded as failure, of that there is no doubt but do we only look back with blinkers on and just see the negatives.

The football we are seeing now is brilliant, I am loving every minute of it. Better that we move on from pointing fingers and hurling insults at what was a disappointing period in terms of football and off pitch shenanigans and leave it the past. We should all move forward with the man with the magic hat. Onwards and upwards guys :thumbup:

I said Shiels, brother. :lol:

Law, Miller and Clark are passable, IMO. Just.

McKay and Aird weren't brought to the Club by McCoist either.

But aye, I totally agree. It's a better time to be a Bear nowadays. Onwards and upwards, I'll second that.

I said Shiels, brother. :lol:

Law, Miller and Clark are pmidfieldere, IMO. Just.

McKay and Aird weren't brought to the Club by McCoist either.

But aye, I totally agree. It's a better time to be a Bear nowadays. Onwards and upwards, I'll second that.

To be fair Sheils is like 2 players under A M was a bit of a hit and a miss, S M reinvented him as a good midfielder and by the looks of it in M W plans. (tu)

Haters hate - and seemingly like a good rant!

Oh and I note you are just making stuff up about payoffs and such as NO-ONE on here knows whether Zaluskas has had a pay off or not.

Keep hating - me I'll just keep supporting and enjoying Rnagers - support its what some off us do!

Has the departure of Zaliukas been announced?

Yes, it was on the official site last night.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9979-zaliukas-departs-club

MARIUS ZALIUKAS has today left Rangers by mutual consent.

The Lithuanian international spent a year with the Light Blues and made 28 competitive appearances in all competitions in season 2014/15.

He scored twice in a Rangers shirt, heading goals against Queen of the South and Livingston in Championship encounters.

He made his final appearance in the recent Ibrox friendly with Burnley.

The 31-year-old departs Ibrox with the club's best wishes for his future career.