From Fleshers Haugh To Our Own Blue Heaven

Well maybe just a wee bit then. (tu)

Spill over from another thread, should've kept it there.

Actually it wasn't a spill over from anything. We were having a discussion about RF and the you accused me of not being a rangers fan because you didn't agree with me.

Feel free to point out where I insulted you or why you decided to 'pick a fight'.

You do appear to suffer from one of either schizophrenia or Alzheimer's though given you can't even recognise the lies you are spouting.

I'll pick up your response in the morning.

Very good OP (tu), but it made me realize just how old I'm getting as I can remember most of the photo's in that vid, the old main stand with the journalists and commentators box on top I can remember vividly, and I can remember watching the new stands being constructed as if it were yesterday, yet for some reason for the life of me I can't remember the main stand being built on top of the old facade, it just seems to be blanked out for some reason, [like I said I'm getting old].

But oh the memories of the old Derry shed, a full house on either an OF [i still hate that term] or a European night under the floodlights with the whole stadium giving it all the tunes, Being a little bit apprehensive as the crush of the crowd swayed you back and forth, the hairs on the back of your neck standing to attention, heart pounding, and the pride in watching our great club take on and often beat the giants of that era, as I close my eyes it all comes flooding back and I'm grateful for having been blessed in being a part of it all.

Now whenever I'm back home and visit Ibrox I still marvel at Willie Waddell's vision and the stadium he transformed but I still can't help myself for missing the times in our great old home and the feeling of togetherness among the support back then, I'm sure the youngsters of today will wonder what the hell I'm talking about, but it was really special back then[and that's not an age thing], but times move on and the last couple of weeks are encouraging so maybe the youth of today will get to experience what it was like for us auld foggies when raising the rafters of the old lady will become a normal occurrence.

Sorry for going on here but this has brought back so many happy memories, and I'm off to bed now with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye, thanks again OP.

WATP NO SURRENDER and GSTQ.

Actually it wasn't a spill over from anything. We were having a discussion about RF and the you accused me of not being a rangers fan because you didn't agree with me.

Feel free to point out where I insulted you or why you decided to 'pick a fight'.

You do appear to suffer from one of either schizophrenia or Alzheimer's though given you can't even recognise the lies you are spouting.

I'll pick up your response in the morning.

Answered in that thread ya muppet.

Did yea?

I can't see any explanation for why you decided to turn into an utter prick and start accusing me of shit in either thread.

Stop being a thundercunt.

Stop stealing other folks insults, and take it to the other thread hard man.

Leave this thread for folk interested in Rangers history.

Here you. Step away from the multi coloured seats. Especially the brown ones.

Brown Section Loyal.

Brown section Govan front (tu) moved there in the 87-88 season, far better seat than what I had previously stuck up the back of the Govan rear Red section, premier club or something like that they called it back then.

The Old lady really is the greatest sight that I have ever seen.

Remember having a rover season ticket which if memory serves me right let you sit in any of the 3 new stands in any seat.Was over 30 years ago right enough so might be wrong.Anyone else remember that ST.

I do indeed. Was my first ST which my brother bought me for my 12th birthday.

Never forget the pride the passion the awe at seeing the Ibrox pitch and terracing for the first time. Entered at the Copland Rd. up the pathway to the shed area and then entry into the terracing beside the pie/bovril stand. Then down to the front at the half way line. Feels like it was yesterday not 50 odd years ago. No matter what they try to do with the other 2 large football parks in Glasgow they will NEVER match the ambiance and glory of Ibrox.

Brilliant video there mate.

I was only a wee boy watching workmen sitting in the Copland stand steelwork, as they were building an out-of-this-world stand to be the envy of every other club in football at that time.

My older cousin, who started taking me to the games was really pissed off, as we had to go into the main stand because he had lost all his mates where he usually stood. That, and carrying along a wee boy who was left out side the pub!

Great memories. Cheers for posting.

Brown section Govan front (tu) moved there in the 87-88 season, far better seat than what I had previously stuck up the back of the Govan rear Red section, premier club or something like that they called it back then.

The Old lady really is the greatest sight that I have ever seen.

Lol. Same season I moved to the Govan Rear Brown Section. First season ticket back then. Previously the old man just got them game by game elsewhere. :)