Rangers News

weeto

Since the meltdown, there has been no Rangers News or any other club publication other than game specific programmes.

Rangers News was meant to be coming back once things were sorted out.

I would have thought that with all the negative propaganda coming out of some media outlets, that a magazine coming straight from the horse's mouth would have been appreciated by the fans.

I will admit that during the periods of the likes of Charles Green and the Easdales being involved we would have got something similar to what Celtic fans called Pravda when their board whitewashed everything that was going on in the east end of the city when Celtic were on the verge of closure and their board were saying it was business as usual every week in the Celtic View.

I'd trust the current board to give us a more honest assessment of what is going on though and with the way the team is progressing, seeing the Rangers News returning in some form would be a sign of progress and would give fans another way of supporting the club.

Since the meltdown, there has been no Rangers News or any other club publication other than game specific programmes.

Rangers News was meant to be coming back once things were sorted out.

I would have thought that with all the negative propaganda coming out of some media outlets, that a magazine coming straight from the horse's mouth would have been appreciated by the fans.

I will admit that during the periods of the likes of Charles Green and the Easdales being involved we would have got something similar to what Celtic fans called Pravda when their board whitewashed everything that was going on in the east end of the city when Celtic were on the verge of closure and their board were saying it was business as usual every week in the Celtic View.

I'd trust the current board to give us a more honest assessment of what is going on though and with the way the team is progressing, seeing the Rangers News returning in some form would be a sign of progress and would give fans another way of supporting the club.

Seeing as how the official website/RTV has picked its game up recently, perhaps the club are going to concentrate giving the news out online as opposed to a paper format.

As said above, the PR coming from the Club at the moment, via online publication, will be the way forward and the future, as it is faster and more cost effective.

I grew up with The Rangers News and miss it, but realise it would be running at a loss for the Club, and every penny must now be a prisoner if we are to be run effectively, and all areas must be looked at on this basis.

The growth of interactive online forums, the "talked of" upgrading of the official website, you tube etc., gives out more than enough material for us to be getting on with and at a fraction of the time and cost of any other form of newsletter or magazine.

The modern way is rightly becoming the norm, and sadly nostalgia, as nice as it can be, unfortunately doesn't pay it's way in the modern world.

:uk:

They could focus more on the digital side but do a printed version for older or non techy fans too.

Digital magazines can do stuff like video footage and interviews. Something like that would be nice.

loved the rangers news when i was younger,not sure it made much of a profit then but defo no profit if it was brought back,sadly i think us older bears will just have to hold onto those memories. new media outlets are the way to go now and agree with most that the club seem to be getting better at it :pipe:

Not sure the sales were that good for it to keep going

Sales were down to 5-6,000 when it stopped.

A weekly publication is pointless imo but would like to see the return of the monthly magazine.

Special mention for WATP which is a fantastic read..