Barrie Mckay - Summer Training

TMB

Listened to ClydeSSB last night and Barrie was mentioned briefly. There's apparently a summer training session that takes place where all out of contract players go and try to win a place with a new club. Barrie got himself down there and put a lot if hard work in prior to preseason because he wants to make it at Rangers.

Good to hear something like that and all credit to the lad for doing so. Ally loaned him out for two years straight and that must've damaged his confidence but he's stuck at it and made it back.

It was disappointing that he was loaned out and yes it would have damaged his confidence but maybe when Mr Warburton came in having been onloan for the last 2 seasons and basically forgotten about made him more determined to succeed. Clearly has built his strength up and seems a completely different player now. If he keeps progressing the way he is we have a cracker.

Well done to the lad, he certainly looks like he's grabbing the opportunity under MW and taking his chance. He looked like a young player with potential in the early days of Div3 but then fell away. There has been a lot of talk over the last couple of years about his attitude and how poor it was. When I saw him in a Raith tracksuit sitting on the Raith bench at Ibrox last season when he couldn't play as we were his parent club it looked like he'd been told he was surplus to requirements. In the few games I've seen him so far this season he's sorted out whatever attitude issues he may or may not have had and definitely wants to play for Rangers. Long may that continue.

Attitude plays a big part in any sport, and Barrie has shown that with the right attitude you can lift your mental strength and transfer the positives into your game.

He has done this successfully and has been recognised for his endeavour by the new coaching staff.

I love the way he has done a 180, and hope he continues to shine as he is showing he really is a talent we so clearly need in our squad.

:uk:

Listened to ClydeSSB last night and Barrie was mentioned briefly. There's apparently a summer training session that takes place where all out of contract players go and try to win a place with a new club. Barrie got himself down there and put a lot if hard work in prior to preseason because he wants to make it at Rangers.

Good to hear something like that and all credit to the lad for doing so. Ally loaned him out for two years straight and that must've damaged his confidence but he's stuck at it and made it back.

Those loan players we have don't seem to be suffering a lack of confidence! Oh and I hope the players MW has sent on loan don't see that as rejection!

Going on loan is about development - Barry went on loan - developed and now reaping some reward - good on the lad

Maybe getting loaned out has helped his development too? I've been impressed with his tracking back and overall defensive work this season and I'd imagine playing with a side like Raith would have made him work on this sort of thing

I think just being away from the poisonous atmosphere at Auchenhowie over the last couple of years will have helped him out.

Davie Weir really rates him. He tried to get him when he was at Sheffield United but McCoist said no. Think it may have been Weir's idea for him to do some extra work as well.

I didn't know this. Interesting stuff.

He also went to train with his pals from Barrhead at a local amateur club a few years back when he was frozen out under McCoist claiming the training then at the club was a joke. The kid is desperate to develop his game and become a better player. Credit to him. Not enough with that sort of attitude.

This young fella will be one I am telling my grand children about and I will take great delight in telling them I seen him first playing in a friendly match arranged by linfield to raise money after the club hit money problems, he was relentless that day

When was the last time we sent someone on loan for them to actually come back, win a place in the team and play as well as Barrie has recently?

Calum Gallagher went to East Stirlingshire then A M brought him back and put him in the first team, apart from that I am out