International week and a half - utter mince?

Ibrox_Nights

Is anyone else completely and utterly bored by all this round of friendlies guff. I know there are qualifiers coming, some of which will be garbage as well, however, with the majority of the main league seasons just starting back, we now get nearly a fortnight of it with a few gaps in between days.

The qualifiers need to be played at some point, but a round of friendlies prior to all of this when the top leagues are just getting into full swing?

The highlight of today being a meaningless game between Japan and Uruguay :power_of_anguish:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, it’s utterly soul destroying.

I dread these weekends coming up and missing out on domestic and European football.

Maybe it’s because I’m not interested in Scotland or any other international team but I don’t even watch these games unless it’s the actual World Cup or Euro Championships.

Mind numbing time of year.

I don't really like it and I go to all the Norn Iron home games. It is a fairly bad time for internationals as others have said as the leagues are just starting.

Give me an international double header Wednesday and Saturday and I'm happy. All this playing any day of the week (except Wednesdays - is this a designated friendly day?) is a load of pish.

Give me an international double header Wednesday and Saturday and I'm happy. All this playing any day of the week (except Wednesdays - is this a designated friendly day?) is a load of pish.

This to the letter (tu)

Drip feeding it and dragging it out over nearly a fortnight is the worst bit.