Murray says ex directors gave Whyte confidential docs

Bear 72

Sir David says Rangers' former directors provided Craig Whyte with confidential information which he used to carry out the transaction to buy the club.

if this is true, then the names MUST be published, if it is false then the former directors should be on their dog and bone to firstly the journalist to provide evidence that SDM actually said this, and if he actually did then their lawyers should be brought in

I'm certain that Whyte is already on record as stating that it was ex-director(s) who pointed him in the direction of Ticketus. And if my memory is still functional - it came across as a pathetic attempt to validate his actions and choices.

Murray's debt is staggering, his chutzpah even more so. I assume most of us think it is Donald Muir he's implicating. Whether you believe him or not is the question.

Did any Bear on here actually doubt that?

(Ok, well there's a few Murray nodding dogs I know....but even they must have thought...."Hmmmmmm!") :sherlock:

Can you imagine the reaction on here if Murray had said no to Whyte though ?

Even when in administration, some were still giving Whyte their full support on here.

NOT that this is a defense of Murray (tu)

another thing that is confusing about SDM's statement, if Whyte was allowed due dilligence, basically access to everything required for a takeover, just what confidential documents could he be referring to then?

surely there isnt much that isnt available to a potential new owner

Exactly what I'm thinking - I can't really see the "earth shattering" news here <cr>

Whilst we all hold Murray ultimately responsible for the Big Tax Case and Small Tax Case, I would like to know who was behind these two tax avoidance schemes. I very much doubt that they were his idea. Who gave tax advice and what did the auditors think?

DM is full of shite and always has been, I bet it's like a dagger being turned in his heart that no one believes his bluster anymore.

He's the only reason we are where we are now, if it wasn't for his mismanagement, Shyte wouldn't have been near the club.

I thought I'd read yesterday he'd actually made a deal to sell MIM?

You couldn't give that bastard a red neck if you held a blazing hot poker against it.

Never forget, for as much as we may blame Craig Whyte for our present circumstances it was this ego-maniac from Edinburgh, the cross-financing bastard with a degree in smoke and mirrors who took us to this dark place we now find ourselves.

The mainstream media have given and continue to give this lying bastard an easy ride.

I hope his entire corporate structure collapses around his fucking ears.

A fucking dog!! :mad:

Could not agree more.

Whilst we all hold Murray ultimately responsible for the Big Tax Case and Small Tax Case, I would like to know who was behind these two tax avoidance schemes. I very much doubt that they were his idea. Who gave tax advice and what did the auditors think?

It is a fair point what happened to the professionals who give out the shonky advice?

Murray, was, is and always will be interested in one person, and that’s him.

When he ran us, it was never for a love of the club, it was for his ego.

The title wins, the players signed, the “I will buy a 10 million pound player” – the only person that was to benefit was himself.

So, when he comes out with statements like this, it isn’t wrong to instantly assume he is only covering his own back.

I hope he one day finds it in himself to look in the mirror and realise what a monumental arse he has made of himself, realises that his legacy, what he will be known as on this earth even in 100 years will be, that he will always be known as the man that done his upmost to destroy Rangers.

Only then once he realises his own reputation has been damaged, might he find a second of the day to realise what a scumbag he really is, that would hurt him more than any financial loss, or poorly managed deal.

No one cares when you have to say David, you have a track record of lies and BS.

I am convinced that Murray was aware of how whyte would play this and used it as his only means of getting us sold.

Off topic but if you take time to look at Murrays business model over the years then most of is companies have been built on borrowings

and very favourable valuations.

My bet is advice from glitter-minded. Glitter minded fanny's if you prefer.

So Davie boy is now saying ex directors gave Craigy confidential documents? Can this be true or is this another tactic to shift the blame away from David’s doorstep? It’s not like David to spin a few lies to cover his back now is it……..

I mean we were lead to believe David was duped by the unknown mastermind Craig Whyte who compared to Davie is still a baby in the business. Could it be that as we approach a make or break time in the clubs future (and past) Davie is trying to flog all the blame elsewhere and now at the feet of his nodding dogs?

When you are trying to sell a company, you give interested parties confidential documents as part of the due diligence process, and they sign a non-disclosure form.

It's standard practice as Murray well knows and is trying to muddy the waters based on something that he would have given full permission to do.