Football Shirt History

oldshirts

Hi all

I would like to introduce my website, www.oldfootballshirts.com .

We’re not a commercial site, the site was created for a bit of fun, to create an online photographic history of football shirts using photos of fans shirts submitted to the site by the fans themselves (no official photos)

Rangers are of course shown on the site, and plenty of shirts have been added, but we always like to see more, especially if you have some unusual, and older items. All you have to do is take a photo of your shirt, go to the site, click on "Add a shirt" and follow the instructions. It's free to do, and you will be adding to THE online history of football shirts.

Be great to see a few more of your shirts on there, thanks in advance for any new submissions, hope you like the site.

(MODs, please note, we have received a request to add links to your sites on ours, which can now be seen on the Rangers page here Rangers Fans Shirts page )

Guest therabbitt
Hi all

I would like to introduce my website, www.oldfootballshirts.com .

We’re not a commercial site, the site was created for a bit of fun, to create an online photographic history of football shirts using photos of fans shirts submitted to the site by the fans themselves (no official photos)

Rangers are of course shown on the site, and plenty of shirts have been added, but we always like to see more, especially if you have some unusual, and older items. All you have to do is take a photo of your shirt, go to the site, click on "Add a shirt" and follow the instructions. It's free to do, and you will be adding to THE online history of football shirts.

Be great to see a few more of your shirts on there, thanks in advance for any new submissions, hope you like the site.

(MODs, please note, we have received a request to add links to your sites on ours, which can now be seen on the Rangers page here Rangers Fans Shirts page )

Hey mate, welcome to the site, have a look around, its great craic for chat about Rangers or hunners of other things both football and non-football related.

I was having a look about your site earlier (it is class!) and added those links. I've attached a pic of one of my own shirts to this and I can add it to your site too if you like it

:rangers:

post-1464-1219765739_thumb.jpg

Cheers for that, I will take a good look around, it's all I seem to do these days, trawling footie sites, but they are generally the best things on the web.

Please do add that photo and I'll verify it onto the the site.

My good friend Iain is a staunch Rangers fan (although he comes from Dumbarton), so they have to be my Scottish team. Really enjoyed the recent seasons European campaigns, great entertainment. Having said that I have a soft spot for The Jags, went to see them last season and enjoyed the day, Rangers were playing away that day.

My visits to Glasgow (which I love) are few and far between, and mostly in what is known as the summer months, when there is no footie. I am on the south coast of England so it has to be a special trip, no point doing it in the middle of winter and getting like a Drookit Dog all weekend after a 10 hour drive.

Guest therabbitt
Cheers for that, I will take a good look around, it's all I seem to do these days, trawling footie sites, but they are generally the best things on the web.

Please do add that photo and I'll verify it onto the the site.

My good friend Iain is a staunch Rangers fan (although he comes from Dumbarton), so they have to be my Scottish team. Really enjoyed the recent seasons European campaigns, great entertainment. Having said that I have a soft spot for The Jags, went to see them last season and enjoyed the day, Rangers were playing away that day.

My visits to Glasgow (which I love) are few and far between, and mostly in what is known as the summer months, when there is no footie. I am on the south coast of England so it has to be a special trip, no point doing it in the middle of winter and getting like a Drookit Dog all weekend after a 10 hour drive.

Iain has good taste (tu)

I've submitted that shirt to your site dude, I'm sure there might be a lot of Bears on here with some cracking shirts for your site.

Stick around mate, some cracking fun on here

:mutley:

WTF is 'rare' about the 05-06 Home Shirt?

That's an ebay entry, not to do with me. Sadly that seems to be the way that people sell on ebay, everything is "rare" or WOW" or "BNWT" etc. I guess if it works for them. It does cheapen the term "Rare" though.

It sure does, everyone bought that one, 'cos of what happened on the last day of the previous season :unionflag:

EDIT: Hey WhiteVanBear, I've just worked out what shirt that is, so where should I post it? It is currently shown on the ICT page, or should it be in a new record in the Miscellany section?

Keep that shirt off the ICT page please.

TOTALLY seperate club, absolutely despise ICT for obvious reasons.

I'd rather burn it than have it associated with that club.

I can do that, but I need to know where to display it.

FYI, old Wimbledon shirts are shown on the AFC Wimbledon Page, whereas Old Scarborough shirts are shown on thier own page with the message "Closed in 2007". Both these were with a consensus of agreement from fans of the original teams. So what should be done with old Caledonian Shirts?

Guest therabbitt

I fear impending wrath should that occur.

I have a few other ones you might be interested in oldshirts, including an original 1980's Brazil shirt (cotton) and a Zico signed cotton Flamenco shirt from the early 1990's, I think they are quite rare.

What League were Caledonian in when the takeover/merger happened?

Highland League mate. The most succesful club in the Highlands by a country mile.

Inverness Thistle were, along with Clach, usually fighting for bottom spot.

But i'm over it. No,really, i am...........

I have created a new Catergory, Scottish Non League and have put Caledonian FC in there and moved the relevent shirts to that record. Cheers for your help.

Sorry to have bored you Manticore ;)

Just ignore Manticore mate ............ we do ...... only kidding Manti :lol:;)

I have created a new Catergory, Scottish Non League and have put Caledonian FC in there and moved the relevent shirts to that record. Cheers for your help.

Sorry to have bored you Manticore ;)

NO no no :angry2:

Pandering to these people just encourages them :craphead: