Confidence from Ladbrokes.

allgers

James Curtis

21 July 2014

Why Rangers can go unbeaten in Scotland this year

The Glasgow giants are one promotion away from a return to the big time and should cruise it

RAngersBIG.png

Rangers’ time in the doldrums of Scottish football is almost over but with Ally McCoist’s men odds-on to secure a top flight return Ladbrokes has made a special market available to keep things interesting.

The Glasgow giants are 4/11 favourites to win the Scottish Championship but such is the level of the country’s second tier the bookmaker is going 20/1 that the Ibrox outfit wrap up promotion without tasting a single defeat.

If Arsenal can do it against the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea south of the border, Rangers should manage it without breaking a sweat.

Here Ladbrokes News looks at their opponents for the coming year and shows why 20/1 is a fantastic price on an untouchable season for Rangers.

Alloa

While league meetings have been hard to come by the sides played in the Scottish FA Cup last year – with Rangers convincing 7-0 winners. Throw new signings Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd into the mix and it’s a recipe for disaster for the Wasps.

Cowdenbeath

The Miners last inflicted defeat on Rangers in 1949 and the most recent meeting saw them run out 5-0 losers. Having lost former Rangers prospect Kane Hemmings, who smashed 24 goals in 39 games for Cowdenbeath last term, to Barnsley Rangers should win at a canter here.

Dumbarton

Last beat Rangers in 1895 – and that’s not a typo – and were swatted aside 4-1 in their most recent meeting. The Gers may struggle at times this year but it won’t be here!

Falkirk

Rangers won their FA Cup fixture easily last year, progressing with a 2-0 victory, meaning all three of the meetings since 2012 have seen Rangers win without conceding a single goal.

Hearts

Another fallen giant in the Championship, but not one expected to give Rangers a fright. The Midlothian club lost 3-0 in their most recent game and have won just once in the last six meetings.

Hibernian

Hibs make up the trio of big names in the league but have won just once in 19 meetings with Rangers. Last time they played in the same league Rangers did the treble on them, winning 1-0, 2-0 and 4-0!

Livingston

In 15 meetings between the two clubs Rangers have won 11, with three draws and one victory for the Lions. Their most recent game was a 4-1 drubbing – in favour of Rangers – so expect more misery for the Amber Machine.

Queen of the South

Last beat Rangers in 1956 and lost their League Cup encounter 3-0 last term. Enough said!

Raith Rovers

Rovers actually enjoyed a 1-0 win over Rangers in the League Cup last year but that anomaly followed 6-0 and 4-0 losses and ended a winless streak against the league favourites dating back to 1970.

Ladbrokes seem to be way more confident of a Rangers victory in the league than half the posters on here. Why is this?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hearts and Hibs will be vastly different prospects to last year, been impressed with Hearts signings and Stubbs has a good reputation within the game, will be interesting to what impact he will have on Hibs.

So I expect promotion but I'm hoping for a really competitive season, last two have been boring as fuck.

Hearts and Hibs will be vastly different prospects to last year, been impressed with Hearts signings and Stubbs has a good reputation within the game, will be interesting to what impact he will have on Hibs.

So I expect promotion but I'm hoping for a really competitive season, last two have been boring as fuck.

These two add a different dynamic to the league this year, fully expecting to see a breakaway group this year, the competition should make it more interesting.

I think theyre pretty confident that theres no way in hell we'll go undefeated, but are hoping there are enough people that believe we can, so they can make a profit. No chance we'll go undefeated again with Ally in charge.

I think theyre pretty confident that theres no way in hell we'll go undefeated, but are hoping there are enough people that believe we can, so they can make a profit. No chance we'll go undefeated again with Ally in charge.

Totally agree. The 20/1 is a joke offer. Should be 50/1 and even then I'd still think it was impossible.

The reason Ladbrokes are shouting about us getting through next season unbeaten is they want your money. If you're a mug, you'll bet on it but I doubt we'll go through the whole set of league games with 100% record next year, although we will win it.

Think I'll take a punt on that. I fully expect us to be much more consistent this year, especially with Boyd and Miller coming in and the defence will be more solid also. Plus the fact I've always thought we would benefit from playing better teams each week to save a bit of complacency within our team (I know this shouldn't happen but it does).

Come on ya bunch of dour-faced eejits, can't you just keep the doom and gloom to the Boardroom thread? Based on our first season I expected us to trip up a couple of times last year and even though we were dire at times we were never beaten in the league.

I choose to dream: c'mon :rangers: , make me £200 richer :thumbup:

I beleive its called taking a gamble, doesn't mean you can fortell the future just means you fancied making a bit of money should Rangers do what they did last year

Personally last year a quite fancied correct scores and first goal scorer 5-1 and 6-1 with either Jig, Daly or Clarke scoring first, but you see I knew it was a gamble but most importantly it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Can't see anything in their round up that I can actually disagree with, as they are based on facts, all these guys know is, when Rangers enter things they usually end up winning no matter the obsticles put in their way.

lets not talk down people talking us up, even if they just want your bet :thumbup:

Agree with this. Think hearts will be right up for it on league day 1. If we are too our quality should see us ok. If players arent well prepared and ready for a battle it could be a tough 90 mins.

Agree with this. Think hearts will be right up for it on league day 1. If we are too our quality should see us ok. If players arent well prepared and ready for a battle it could be a tough 90 mins.

Surely all our players will be fired up for it ?