Nick Davies of the guardian

Gooseman

I have emailed this guy regards the state aid stuff. I have directed him towards the football tax haven blog and the article on vg bears really the commonwealth games. I have credited pzj with finding and blogging about this information and I have also made him aware that no Scottish media outlets are willing to report on this.

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/nick Davies this guy is widely regarded as the best investigative journalist in the UK. Maybe, just maybe he will report about it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read a few comments that say some jurnos are sitting on this. In all honesty, It wouldn't surprise me if jurnos are more hesitant now due to what happened with Rangers. A lot of people got burned and probably don't want to touch this kind of issue anymore.

I have emailed this guy regards the state aid stuff. I have directed him towards the football tax haven blog and the article on vg bears really the commonwealth games. I have credited pzj with finding and blogging about this information and I have also made him aware that no Scottish media outlets are willing to report on this.

http://www.theguardi...om/profile/nick Davies this guy is widely regarded as the best investigative journalist in the UK. Maybe, just maybe he will report about it.

Gooseman - well done Bro, keep at it :21::clap: - someone somewhere will want to make a name for themselves and expose this great injustice.

Our day will come.

NO SURRENDER

While the case is being looked at, a preliminary investigation, I would highly doubt that any journalist or media outlet will print anything other than just to mention that it is on going.

Once the findings are made public we should see all the journalists coming out with stories

I may be wrong but that's my thinking.

Also

I saw john mason willing to discuss the subject of London rd school last night with pzj and others. It turned in to a bit of a farce with off topic points being added in and then people rounding on him.

Surely if we have the opportunity to have dialogue with an mp/msp willing to discuss these matters we should treat him with respect and at least try to foster a working relationship that could get this highlighted higher up.

He seemed willing to do this at one point and I suggested pzj sending him all the info but then the slagging started. I don't really think this kind of attitude helps.

Well Done Gooseman,

As other posters have stated this needs to be addressed, we need to enhance our Seige Mentality it's up to us. We know the Scottish Media are Liewell led.

Cast our nets wide.

WATP :nosfa::brokensfa:

While the case is being looked at, a preliminary investigation, I would highly doubt that any journalist or media outlet will print anything other than just to mention that it is on going.

Once the findings are made public we should see all the journalists coming out with stories

I may be wrong but that's my thinking.

when.n will the commission decide?

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/nick Davies this guy is widely regarded as the best investigative journalist in the UK. Maybe, just maybe he will report about it.

Well played mate, really hope he gets back to you.

Also

I saw john mason willing to discuss the subject of London rd school last night with pzj and others. It turned in to a bit of a farce with off topic points being added in and then people rounding on him.

Surely if we have the opportunity to have dialogue with an mp/msp willing to discuss these matters we should treat him with respect and at least try to foster a working relationship that could get this highlighted higher up.

He seemed willing to do this at one point and I suggested pzj sending him all the info but then the slagging started. I don't really think this kind of attitude helps.

Yeah - sometimes we're our own worst enemies. It really is a case of thinking with our heads on this one , more than our hearts , as difficult as it is.

Let's hope the mhedia up here are sitting on the breaking Celtic state aid story, till after the Commonwealth Games? If i was a journalist with unionist leaning tendencies i would be attacking Salmond as the state aid is happening under his watch.

The problem we have is that because of what happened to us and the situation we find ourselves in people will think its just somekind of bitter attempt to get some revenge on the tarriers. If everything had been going along swimmingly and we were winning titles ect like back in the good old days and we had raised the issue of "state aid" at that point, then people would have listened. Unfortuantely now it looks like we are seeking some kind of payback and retribution due of the indignity of liquidation and of the embarrassment of witnessing a prestigious club like Rangers playing in the Third Division.

We know this is not the case, but for the outsider looking in, its all too easy for them to write it off as nothing but bitterness and jealousy.

I have just been emailed by Nick

Hi

Thanks for your message. I see your point, but I’m afraid I’m no good to you, just because I’m already up to my neck in other stuff. But I’ve forwarded your message to tim.minogue@private-eye.co.uk who investigates local authorities for Private Eye (He writes the Rotten Boroughs column). I can’t speak for him, but I hope he may be able to pursue it.

Good luck

Nick

I would like to think this other guy can get some wheels turning.

Also

I went to London Road primary when I was younger and was raised on Janefield Street before it was all knocked down. I can understand why many aren't interested but I'd like to hear more about what is planned for this School.

Hi

Thanks for your message. I see your point, but I’m afraid I’m no good to you, just because I’m already up to my neck in other stuff. But I’ve forwarded your message to tim.minogue@private-eye.co.uk who investigates local authorities for Private Eye (He writes the Rotten Boroughs column). I can’t speak for him, but I hope he may be able to pursue it.

Good luck

Nick

I'm sure the private eye chap has written an article about it before. A few months ago

The problem we have is that because of what happened to us and the situation we find ourselves in people will think its just somekind of bitter attempt to get some revenge on the tarriers. If everything had been going along swimmingly and we were winning titles ect like back in the good old days and we had raised the issue of "state aid" at that point, then people would have listened. Unfortuantely now it looks like we are seeking some kind of payback and retribution due of the indignity of liquidation and of the embarrassment of witnessing a prestigious club like Rangers playing in the Third Division.

We know this is not the case, but for the outsider looking in, its all too easy for them to write it off as nothing but bitterness and jealousy.

This is exactly what's happening. I ask the question "If it is found that celtic have received state aid against EU rules who will you blame, Rangers fans or the current custodians of your club?"

Hi

Good luck

Nick

at least he replied but come on, Private Eye? we need a mainstream media organisation to run with this story not a satirical publication that is the paper equivalent of Have I Got News For You. A lot of the stuff they print is supposed to be humourous. No way will anyone take anything seriously that is printed in Private Eye.