**** The Official Ottawa Fury vs Rangers FC Thread ****

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers finish the 4 match North American tour with their biggest test against the Canadian side who play in the North American Soccer League, one level below the MSL.

Ally will probably strengthen the side following the narrow 2-1 win over Victoria Highlanders. However there are some defensive injury problems that will restrict his options. Richard Foster, Seb Faure and Marius Zaliukus all miss out along with Fraser Aird who will be gutted at missing out playing so close to his Toronto home.

Fury are just two games into their season and are getting used to their new 24,000 capacity TD Place stadium. They set a new NASL record at the weekend when over 14,500 saw them lose 1-0 to reigning champions New York Cosmos. Given the amount of ex-pat bears located within a few hours of Ottowa they can surely expected another big crowd tonight.

furyfc-open-td-place-graphic_1j4pcbyuossvm1ffpwcqjnqcip.jpg

Rangers from:

Cammy Bell

Steve Simonsen

Liam Kelly

Stevie Smith

Bilel Mohsni

Lee Wallace

Lee McCulloch

Nicky Law

Ian Black

Lewis Macleod

David Templeton

Nicky Clark

Kris Boyd

Kenny Miller

Barrie McKay

Kyle Hutton

Robbie Crawford

Dean Shiels

Darren McGregor

Calum Gallagher

Andy Murdoch

Ok it really is time for a performance now, our fitness levels should be good by now so no excuses. Im looking for a 4 or 5-nil win here. This is poor oppisition we are playing after all. I was in a pub last night and the tarriers had some dodgy stream up on one of the TV's, I couldnt help but notice they totally run over the top of the team they were playing. If we are to ever get close to them again we need to not only match their standards but better them....so far ive seen nothing to suggest we are doing that. Thats why I demand a performance tonight, no more fucking about.

Ok it really is time for a performance now, our fitness levels should be good by now so no excuses. Im looking for a 4 or 5-nil win here. This is poor oppisition we are playing after all. I was in a pub last night and the tarriers had some dodgy stream up on one of the TV's, I couldnt help but notice they totally run over the top of the team they were playing. If we are to ever get close to them again we need to not only match their standards but better them....so far ive seen nothing to suggest we are doing that. Thats why I demand a performance tonight, no more fucking about.

4 or 5 nil?? Are you for real????

Or are you teeing it up for another Ally bashing?

So.you were in a pedo pub watching the kiddyfiddlers game,

You couldnt help but notice...well if that was me , i would have left and went to another pub.Maybe you were in the right pub afterall :drugang:

So.you were in a pedo pub watching the kiddyfiddlers game,

You couldnt help but notice...well if that was me , i would have left and went to another pub.Maybe you were in the right pub afterall :drugang:

there's something suspicious about that user by the way. seen people calling him a bheast before. i remember his username. think a mod should look into it.

there's something suspicious about that user by the way. seen people calling him a bheast before. i remember his username. think a mod should look into it.

Its my local bar, there are Rangers fans and tarriers in there all the time its probably about 50/50. Who the hell do you think you are accusing me of being a tarrier? are you accusing me of being a Celtic fan to take the heat off yourself? maybe its you who has the liking for tarriers not me.

Here is a preview that I asked an Ottawa blogger to write to give Rangers supporters a few things to look for in the opponent.

http://therangersrep...ottawa-fury-fc/

That was interesting ....

... and a very interesting concept - it will be really interesting to see what fans of Hibs, Hearts Falkirk etc. write about their own teams PRIOR to the games!

Good concept good work - I'll look out for the posts!

I'm guessing Crawford looked good at RB against Victoria? Lot's of people mentioning him.

He looked very comfortable defensively and got forward on a few occasions too. It's certainly worth giving him a shot at RB, especially considering the lack of quality we have in that position.

He certainly looks like he has the pace to play in that position.

He looked very comfortable defensively and got forward on a few occasions too. It's certainly worth giving him a shot at RB, especially considering the lack of quality we have in that position.

He certainly looks like he has the pace to play in that position.

Boy has a great engine and is fairly comfortable on the ball. Better opposition required to really assess his ability at RB.

Anyone know if Peralta is alive?