Why did we sign Boyd?

Ally plays his teams to guard a lead (I'm thinking) so why have a predator like Boyd on the books?

Kris Boyd looked non too happy with the lack of service and urgency to create a goal scoring opportunity when we went 1-0 up last night.

I reckon Boydy will bag a few but with Ally's shut up shop tactics he'll be as frustrated as the fans this coming campaign.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's looked frustrated in the games I've watched him in.

We need service to the big man and that's not going to come from full backs all the time. We need wingers on the park, beating a man and whipping a ball in.

Or actually players who move up the park wanting to score instead of guarding a 1-0 friendly lead. :lol:

To stop Hearts (or anyone else) from signing him? I hope not. I hope he is part of Ally's plan. His game is simple, give him service and he'll score. I have a horrible feeling Ally will demand more of him (and he's really not a great footballer, aside from his killer scoring instincts), and then drop him when he's under-performing (when actually it'll be a failing of tactics).

But let's wait and see.

Boyd is like playing with a man down , was always going to turn out bad signing him .........

unless you play with two wingers or a winger plus a partner then you are correct

just as his boss would have scored less than 250 goals if he had to play in his own team

Daly would score plenty if he got the service from wide areas aswell.

We now have two strikers who don't fit into our tactics.

im not saying he wouldn't

all I am saying is if you buy immobile poachers, then give them no service, they wont provide you with much

unless you play with two wingers or a winger plus a partner then you are correct

just as his boss would have scored less than 250 goals if he had to play in his own team

I agree, boyd needs miller and at least 2 creative types to lay them on a plate for him otherwise he is useless.

Allys budgets have been considerably less than smiths and souness' though. Ally played in some of our greatest sides ever whereas he is managing our worst side ever.

This sums up our total confusion with the way McCoist sends his team out to play.

He is in the record books due,largely, to the playing style we adopted in the days when he was banging them in(and the quality of the guys supplying him which,admittedly,isn't there now).

So,why does he produce this sterile anti-football guff?

The last couple of years have seen a missed opportunity of gigantic proportions and it's set to continue.

Ally was clearly trying to wind us up and getting us thinking hed play some attacking football this season. But Ally is a bottle merchant whos scared of other teams and doesnt have the guts to have a go at them.

Ally plays his teams to guard a lead (I'm thinking) so why have a predator like Boyd on the books?

Kris Boyd looked non too happy with the lack of service and urgency to create a goal scoring opportunity when we went 1-0 up last night.

I reckon Boydy will bag a few but with Ally's shut up shop tactics he'll be as frustrated as the fans this coming campaign.

To get the lead in the first place?