Beast Abusing Colin Hendry On Twitter

minstral

Our former player Colin Hendry has called in the police after receiving abuse about the death of his wife from a low life septic fan.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...rn/11362709._/

A ‘vile’ internet troll has been blasted for insulting former Blackburn Rovers legend Colin Hendry’s late wife.

The former central defender, who played more than 300 times for the club, was sent a sick message by a supporter of Glasgow Celtic on Twitter.

The message, from an account named Liam McDonald on social networking site Twitter, said: “Remember when Colin Hendry’s wife snuffed it? Great times.”

The former Glasgow Rangers star responded by taking to his Twitter account and posting a picture of the tweet with the message: “This is the vile world we live in.”

esterday the tweet, which was sent at 11.33pm on Tuesday, was deleted, and later the account itself also appeared to have been removed.

The Hendry family said they have reported the incident to Scottish police.

Mr HendryÂ’s wife, Denise, died in 2009, seven years after undergoing a botched liposuction operation.

The 43-year-old underwent 20 operations after the routine treatment and died after picking up an infection following a corrective operation after being on life support for weeks.

Mr HendryÂ’s daughter Rheagan, launched the charity The Denise Hendry Foundation to help people suffering from clinical negligence in her mumÂ’s memory.

Speaking to the Lancashire Telegraph yesterday on behalf of her dad, she said: “This is what we deal with all the time and it is disgusting.

“This is not just Colin Hendry, it is a mum and a daughter.

“I am sure he would not feel comfortable if someone said that about his parents.

“Dad has been in the football world and up at Rangers and he can deal with this sort of thing but when you start bringing in people’s relatives it is just not on.

“It is just not nice. We just want to move on with our lives and we are always reminded about how insensitive people can be.

“This is a totally random act of stupidity, but it is not the first time something like this has happened.

“People should not take social media lightly.

“He thinks he can write what he wants and Colin Hendry and his daughter and grandchildren won‘t see it but he is wrong.”

Colin Hendry had two spells for Rovers, from 1987 to 1989 and 1991 to 1998.

He was sold to Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers, who have a legendary rivalry with Glasgow Celtic.

Former teammate Kevin Gallacher, who played with Hendry for Rovers and Scotland, said he too had experienced abuse on Twitter.

He said: “When I got involved in Team GB at the Olympics I had abuse on Twitter.

“I had times where every time I wrote something I was getting snide comments.

“Unfortunately with social media people are going to do that because they can hide behind it.

“Comments like that are not nice but you just have to brush it off and ignore it.

“But it gets worse when people’s children are involved.

“People just think they are throwing abuse at Colin and this is the disappointing thing.

“I think these people tend to be loners who are sat in rooms on their own sending these messages.”

Rovers legend Simon Garner said: “It is stupid. That is an awful thing to say and the person should get in trouble for it.

“I think people believe they can get away with things like this but they can’t.

“I have never personally had anything serious on Twitter, just the odd bit of banter that I take with a pinch of salt, but if I did I would certainly report it to the police.”

Former Rovers player and current chairman of the Professional Footballers Association Gordon Taylor said: “I think it is a sad world.

“There seems to be a vindictive side to society where people hide behind these sites and think they can say what they want to people.

“We have advised our younger players to be careful with what they are posting.”

Hyndburn MP and Rovers fan Graham Jones said he was ‘sick and fed up of internet trolls’.

He said: “When you are in the public life you get trolls who think they can just go round abusing who they want to.

“I feel sorry for Colin and all the other victims of what appears to be a growing trend of abuse and bullying on social media.

“It is Colin this time but it could be children and vulnerable people next time.

“I blocked one constituent who thought it was clever to be abusive on Twitter.

“People do not seem to realise you have friends and family and children.”

Darwen councillor Dave Smith, a Blackburn Rovers season ticket-holder, said: “It is absolutely appalling.

“I just hope the police get involved and this clown is punished.

Reported by Dan Clough in the Lancashire Telegraph.

You seem to be trying to justify this, Why. ?

I'm not justifying it, the guy's a wank and I'd happily see him take a sore one.

Remember the video of the Tommy Burns song? We weren't all crying for them to be jailed with mock outrage.

They hate us and we hate them, that shouldn't be news worthy. Anyway, we've developed a way of dealing with this hate in Glasgow, knocking utter fuck out of each other for centuries.

I'm not justifying it, the guy's a wank and I'd happily see him take a sore one.

Remember the video of the Tommy Burns song? We weren't all crying for them to be jailed with mock outrage.

They hate us and we hate them, that shouldn't be news worthy. Anyway, we've developed a way of dealing with this hate in Glasgow, knocking utter fuck out of each other for centuries.

God I'd never sing such abhorrent songs. Shame on you bringing shame to Rangers :(

God I'd never sing such abhorrent songs. Shame on you bringing shame to Rangers :(

Me either - I don't even know the words - in fact I don't even know of the existence of this song.

It's a disgusting offensive tweet & although it was obvious to one and all good on the paper for naming the team loser who posted it .

However I'm with the poster earlier talking about where the line gets drawn with this . Jokes about peaches offensive but ok tick , airline showdown jokes offensive but ok tick , this offensive not ok , mention a word associated with religion originating in Irish folklore where I am in England not a problem tick , mention a word associated with with religion originating in Irish folklore in Scotland really not ok and get arrested . It's just madness to be honest .

If the scumbag who tweeted that gets nicked & sent to prison I won't care at all and if he cries and lies and claims it was his dad/son/hacker/he was drunk or whatever then I might even laugh at him . The reality is though he's said something deeply offensive and in the real world people do it all the time is it worthy of prison , really ? Free speech enables dickheads like him to identify themselves as dickheads with shit for brains almost immediately and the criminalisation of stupid offensive comments that ultimately are just that is something that worries me a bit.

Its a diagusting thing to say, should he be jailed? I'd say NO, if he sent it directly to Hendry or any of his family to purposefully upset and hurt them then that would be a different story.

As for Hendry, the least said about him the better after what he did to hos old neighbours

People will tell sick jokes about any events or deaths that happen. I think the difference with this one is he has actually contacted someone to taunt them over a death.

I get that if that's what happened but for example An 18 year old Sunderland fan has been arrested and charged because he posted on twitter "2 fans weren't enough it should have been more " . Now again that's horrible and offensive but you can't tell me you've not heard more offensive jokes than that in the schoolyard , the pub or on your way to an awayer what a couple of hundred times or more ?

Genuinely to me it's madness , The kid's offensive and I it's not him I feel any sympathy for really because he's a dickhead but the system it's just mad .

I get that if that's what happened but for example An 18 year old Sunderland fan has been arrested and charged because he posted on twitter "2 fans weren't enough it should have been more " . Now again that's horrible and offensive but you can't tell me you've not heard more offensive jokes than that in the schoolyard , the pub or on your way to an awayer what a couple of hundred times or more ?

Genuinely to me it's madness , The kid's offensive and I it's not him I feel any sympathy for really because he's a dickhead but the system it's just mad .

In situations like this, where relatives are in distress then this type of law is needed. Walk around and say things like that in public and you would be done for breach of the peace.