Can anyone clarify something for me?

Looking to see if anyone is able to confirm what happened with the Reserve Cup Final v Queens Park from 2012 for me. Got into a bit of a discussion with a QP fan over the forthcoming league cup game. He claimed that we're apparently in dispute over ticket prices (he claims we're stalling on the prices of £12 adults & £2 for concessions, wanting higher prices). :rolleyes:

Anyway, he then gives me this pile of shite:-

You do split the proceeds for cup games. Once VAT is taken off and 20% costs for the home team the rest is split. Rangers are penny pinching big-time! That's why the Reserve League Cup Final from 2 seasons ago still hasn't been played. It was Rangers v Queen's Park. The semi finals were held over until the start of last season. It got delayed and we then couldn't use Hampden as it was being refurbished for the Games. We offered to play Rangers at Ibrox but they wouldn't do it as it would cost them £30k for Police and security. We then suggested Hamilton as a neutral venue but again Rangers refused. We then asked the SPFL to award us the trophy as Rangers are refusing to fulfil the fixture. As it is Rangers the SPFL have bottled it!

I wanted to check my facts before wading into him. Am I right not right in saying that that delayed final was actually played at Auchenhowie? Maybe my memory is shot!

Even if true, why we would want to pay £30k because the arsewipes at the SFA wanted to refurbish Hampden??? <cr> He's not a nappy ripper, even although he sounds like one (hates them as much as us).

Any help/info much appreciated!! (tu)

it would not be the host club's responsibility to pay the policing/stewarding costs for the game - it would be down to the SPL as was. (edit: or SFA if they ran it)

Ask the dude just how much his club made from us in Div 3. And ask him if they'll pay the costs then, since they're now minted and obviously very keen to get humped. :D

it would not be the host club's responsibility to pay the policing/stewarding costs for the game - it would be down to the SPL as was.

Ask the dude just how much his club made from us in Div 3. And ask him if they'll pay the costs then, since they're now minted and obviously very keen to get humped. :D

Cheers G.B, that makes perfect sense and I don't know why I didn't think of that!!

As for your second point, that was going to be part of my reply to him.

(tu)

He's made most if that up 30 k to hold a fixture that would get 2000 max at it. Nice try from him but I think he just hates us and is using that to have a go. When did a club pay for a final? These costs are met by the governing body. Of for talking sake we make the Scottish cup final of they pick a team from the finalists and say. You are covering the costs? Nah he's full of shot and mist likely a sympathizer of the beasts from the east

Thanks again guys! Just to clarify a coyple of things: Firstly, it was actually the semi-final he was on about (not sure if thst makes any difference to the arrangements). In any case, it was originally to be played at Hampden but was cancelled due to the Empire games. Why he thinks we should pay because of thr spl's failure is beyond me!

Secondly, he's not a mate!! :lol: Just some blowhard on another fans forum! Seems to pretend to know stuff as he's a Q.P shareholder!