***Athletics Thread***

Bolt v Farah? Talk of this possibly happening in a race between 400m-800m. 600m seems the most likely distance,

I reckon Farah takes down 600m pretty easily, while Bolt wins 500m by a similar amount. Should go for 550m, and we'd be in for a good watch.

Watched some muppet journalist ask Bolt if he'd do it at 1500m :lol:doh

Also, if Farah wins the Marathon next year, he might actually be the most incredible long distance runner ever.

You can get Farah at 2/7 to win an 800m on skybet. If that does go ahead (and is taken relatively seriously) they are ridiculous odds.

I'd put all my money on Farah winning an 800m race, literally. As if Usain Bolt could run a sub 1:47 800m :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I hate when TV interviewers are arsey with athletes but I was glad that the BBC guy actually mentioned what a stupid race he ran.

It's one thing slowing down when you're in first place. Doing it when in second is very risky, nevermind when you know you're in third :lol:

What's with the commentators repeatedly saying he's never had the greatest start? :lol:

He's the double indoor 60m world champion in 2003 then 2012. His start is one of his main attributes.

He's a known doper. His form is great, so they have to make up criticisms. Can't be seen to be praising him.

Can't see Bolt breaking his WR. Either of them.

He admitted himself that he's been lacking motivation and the more he wins I doubt that will change.

Maybe he could break the 200m. No chance with the 100m.

It's hard to see his 100m record being broken (by a clean athlete) any time in the next couple of decades.