NBA 2014-2015 Thread

derekweir29

Another year, another high profile chase by the Lakers, another failed attempt.

Very few centers available now, we're in trouble.

Apparently Aldridge hated there pitch. They tried to sell him LA the city instead of talking about basketball :lol:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Aldridge hated there pitch. They tried to sell him LA the city instead of talking about basketball :lol:

Aye, first time round anyway. They tried the whole Hollywood pitch they gave Carmelo last year and he was really into it apparently, came very close to signing - but that doesn't work for those who seem like they want to focus on the game rather than piss about earning mega bucks for a while...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Them Warriors though.

They are absolutely unbelievable right now. I've only really got into basketball in the last 5 or 6 years but they are without doubt the most fun team to watch I've seen. Crazy to think how far they've come in the last few years. I was surprised when Mark Jackson was fired, I thought he'd been doing a decent job but the guys in charge clearly thought they were better than he was getting out off them and haven't they been proved right.

And Steph Curry right now is just....... Wow.

The guy is one of those sportsmen who shouldn't be as good as he is - he doesn't have the physique, the strength or the pure athleticism guys like Bryant, LeBron have (had in Kobe's case), but he is just unreal.

I read his warmup consists of shooting 100 baskets in a row. If he misses, he starts again from 0. Sometimes if it doesn't go in clean, he starts again too. It's the sort of genius you just have to sit and admire.

On another note, my Lakers have been fucking disgusting. Kobe needs to retire. He's done as a basketball player but he just can't accept it. He's not helping the team, he's hindering it and the development of our young players.

He can take Byron Scott with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, DonMuffin said:

LeBron though...

2v8rbz4.jpg

I have never been a huge fan of Basketball but I did notice the Hate and Vitriol that Lebron got for moving to Miami..For him to not only go back to Cleveland but to put such a HUGE effort into Cleveland winning the Championship especially after being 3-1 down is the stuff that Hollywood writers would get knockbacks if they wrote it...Well done