The Truth.

blueeyes

Who can actually be objective enough to explain in summary the truth about our position?

I am someone who has literally almost given up trying to follow what the hell is going on, or has gone on and I don't know what to believe.

Naturally the tims are milking the whole situation, but what annoys me more than anything are their allegations of how we cheated and stole our success in the 90s by living beyond our means etc.

So did we cheat in any way?I know the tax case went in our favour, but we still left a lot of unpaid bills etc, so what is the truth?Can we look in the mirror and say, "no we did not cheat our way to titles, we subsequently got in financial difficulty, but not through illegal or unfair means"

What is the truth?I genuinely do not know..

Don't be boring mate, it's too predictable that anyone who says anything remotely non party line is called a tim.If you don't have an answer, fine.

Youre a rancid bastard. Fuck off. Al gee yaea clue we were one of best run clubs in Britain during 90s. One club cheated the tax man in 90s, they like fucking kids hope this helps.

Hide behind yer barricade

Youre a rancid bastard. Fuck off. Al gee yaea clue we were one of best run clubs in Britain during 90s. One club cheated the tax man in 90s, they like fucking kids hope this helps.

Hide behind yer barricade

It's funny, but every time i think i will give this site another bash, i get some poisonous little man like you throwing accusations about.

You do know the meaning of the word objective don't you?

I shouldn't have to even explain myself, but i have been a Rangers fan my whole life which is considerably long.Fortunately for me i wasn't subjected to the sectarian side of football, and my hatred for Celtic came natural, but as i haven't grown up hating people for their religion, i have not felt welcome in here at times which is why i keep packing it in, but i will not allow people like you to steal the club from those of us who love football and love Rangers.

I will try again.Can you objectively explain what happened?It's a simple question, with maybe a complicated answer.I feel we were wronged, but have got lost trying to follow it all.How did we get in debt up to 80m before Murray bailed us out or wrote off x amount of debts? Were those the same debts that had anything to do with his own company's debts?

Fuck off :lol:

I'm obviously not going to get a serious reply from you, as you either don't know the answer or are obsessed with the idea that anyone asking such questions is a tim.

Obviously no real fan would ask such a question! Geez a break.

If you know the answers and think the cheating allegations are ridiculous or unjustified, then explain them in a calm manner that any neutral will understand, otherwise your reluctance to answer will only show that you do not know the answer.

I want to hear actual facts about how the accusations are wholly wrong.I am sicjk of hearing them from my mates and acquaintences who are tims, and i want to be able to shut them up!It's as simple as that.

Aye you won't be around here for long that's for sure,reeking bastard.

How's that mate? Is this the early morning suspicious brigade out in force ffs?Another incapable of discourse.Hopefully someone later on will get past their suspicions and at least attempt to expalin it to me.

I'm obviously not going to get a serious reply from you, as you either don't know the answer or are obsessed with the idea that anyone asking such questions is a tim.

Obviously no real fan would ask such a question! Geez a break.

If you know the answers and think the cheating allegations are ridiculous or unjustified, then explain them in a calm manner that any neutral will understand, otherwise your reluctance to answer will only show that you do not know the answer.

I want to hear actual facts about how the accusations are wholly wrong.I am sicjk of hearing them from my mates and acquaintences who are tims, and i want to be able to shut them up!It's as simple as that.

I do know bit then im a Rangers fan. So I have no interest in telling nappy rippers how Scotland's biggest and best club were run. I think.when you explain to these moral crusaders that for all our success we.never ever abused kids

I do know bit then im a Rangers fan. So I have no interest in telling nappy rippers how Scotland's biggest and best club were run. I think.when you explain to these moral crusaders that for all our success we.never ever abused kids

I am being honest mate.I am in truth a fair weather fan, but a fan of Rangers nonetheless.I did give up trying to read between the lines when all this mess started, a bit like buring my head in the sand, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I have had my interest rejuvenated with the interest being shown by the big hitters like Ashley and the American guy.

Personally, without actually knowing everything, I want Ashley to succeed as I think he will unite and save the club, and put us back on a good financial footing.I like the idea of a very very rich guy in charge.I know he won't be blowing the cash, but he will give stability.Too many chiefs from what i can see.

Who can actually be objective enough to explain in summary the truth about our position?

I am someone who has literally almost given up trying to follow what the hell is going on, or has gone on and I don't know what to believe.

Naturally the tims are milking the whole situation, but what annoys me more than anything are their allegations of how we cheated and stole our success in the 90s by living beyond our means etc.

So did we cheat in any way?I know the tax case went in our favour, but we still left a lot of unpaid bills etc, so what is the truth?Can we look in the mirror and say, "no we did not cheat our way to titles, we subsequently got in financial difficulty, but not through illegal or unfair means"

What is the truth?I genuinely do not know..

You answered your own question, we won the tax case, so we did not cheat.

Can you repeat this?

Celtic fans live in a state of delusion, they obsess over Rangers every day and talk more about Rangers than they do Celtic.

In order to compete with continental Europe, where tax is much lower, and even to a point the English Leagues. Many UK companies, including Scottish/English clubs, have instigated in tax reduction and avoidance schemes. An example of which would be in the late 00's a player in La Liga being paid £75k pw, would need to be paid closer to £100k pw in British football in order to take home the same amount.

Every major club in the UK will of enlisted in schemes to a degree. Rangers were advised to take the EBT route, if we didn't take that route, we would of chose another scheme making similar tax savings. The EBT scheme was later investigated and we are unlucky in this regard. If we are cheats for looking to reduce our tax bill in order to make ourselves more attractive to players, then virtually every professional club in the UK is guilty to a degree. Winning or losing the tax case is irrelevant when it comes to cheating. Losing the tax case just means we were guilty of choosing a tax avoidance scheme that got investigated and found to be tax liable.

The SFA rule breach was IMO a stitch up. The rule we were fined for was designed to protect players at smaller clubs, to ensure all payments were contracted to them so they would never be out of pocket should it go tits up. (IE a part time club offers a player £50 a week on contract, and £100 in a brown envelope in verbal agreement. Th club goes tits up at a later date and the player is out of pocket £100 a week as that £100 entitlement was never written down anywhere). It made little difference to us, nor did we try to hide these payments, they are there in our accounts as given to the SFA and had been for a decade or so. What we were fined for made no difference at all to the club.

Thats a fair stab at it mate and is similar to how i thouight things were, so how did we come to bein so much debt, and how did this subsequently fuck us up when so many other clubs are in major debt also?

It's a fair question op but us Rangers fans simply don't know the answer, however, if you where to ask him, I do believe that big jock knew. Perhaps he can enlighten you ya dirty wee rancid spunk monkey! Hope this helps!

No, it doesn't help in the slightest, other than to mark your card as someone incapable of adult conversation.Thanks for the heads up.

Thats a fair stab at it mate and is similar to how i thouight things were, so how did we come to bein so much debt, and how did this subsequently fuck us up when so many other clubs are in major debt also?

Stab? I think you better have a skim through the threatening and abusive behaviour thread.

Sites went downhill with thugs these days

We got into too much debt pursuing success, however the debt was manageable and was being managed just fine until the tax case reared its head.

Then the financial crisis happened. Our bank (Bank of Scotland) got into difficulties needed bailed out, then got bought up by Lloyds..... who then got into difficulties and needed bailed out. Part of Lloyds remit for getting back on their feet was getting rid of toxic debt. With a potential bill of £80m over us, we definitely were seen as high risk, and Lloyds wanted us off their books as soon as possible.

We essentially went bust over a manageable debt of less than £20m due to a perfect storm of circumstances.

So ultimately it was the pending tax case which we won, (twice) which inadvertantly caused the demise of the previous regime? That is what i thought, but havin a few mates who are tims constantly having a go, i was unsure of my facts.

What a tragedy. There really should have been a way of suing the govt for something as if they had not pursued a case which they lost, (twice)we would still be in the SPL and still what we were.

Something wrong with the system.