The Poundland Scottish Cup Final

Err... We should, since we are involved in Scottish football.

An empty stadium for the cup final is bad news for Scottish football. We play football in Scotland so we would look Mickey Mouse by association. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Empty stadium for cup finals makes it harder to attract sponsors and makes the whole thing look amateurish. If you can't see why that's bad for us then you're obviously not thinking long term.

this sounds suspiciously like a "building bridges" kinda post

tell me mate, were you at augusta recently at all for a golf tournament?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds suspiciously like a "building bridges" kinda post

tell me mate, were you at augusta recently at all for a golf tournament?

Nothing to do with that.

We play in Scottish football. An empty stadium for the showpiece final is bad news for everyone. It makes the whole thing look Mickey Mouse and reflects badly on anything we achieve. It also puts off sponsors who might invest in the game.

Both of these things are clearly bad for us.

Again, I ask you, would you rather they charged forty quid and there was nobody there?

Believe it or not, the Scottish Cup final is shown in plenty of countries abroad. I'll be able to watch it live in Malaysia on my telly.

Nothing to do with that.

We play in Scottish football. An empty stadium for the showpiece final is bad news for everyone. It makes the whole thing look Mickey Mouse and reflects badly on anything we achieve. It also puts off sponsors who might invest in the game.

Again, I ask you, would you rather they charged forty quid and there was nobody there?

Believe it or not, the Scottish Cup final is shown in plenty of countries abroad. I'll be able to watch it live in Malaysia on my telly.

just because its on doesnt mean people will watch it

as for the game looking mickey mouse, where have you been hiding for god knows how many years, the league cup has no sponsor, the league set up has no sponsor, the league set up is a joke

the scottish game is an absolute clusterfuck of epic proportions and no full scottish cup final will fix it

just because its on doesnt mean people will watch it

as for the game looking mickey mouse, where have you been hiding for god knows how many years, the league cup has no sponsor, the league set up has no sponsor, the league set up is a joke

the scottish game is an absolute clusterfuck of epic proportions and no full scottish cup final will fix it

Barry Hearn, a guy who knows a thing or two about sports promotion, made some pretty telling comments last year: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30317051

Several months later, nothing has changed.

Err... We should, since we are involved in Scottish football.

An empty stadium for the cup final is bad news for Scottish football. We play football in Scotland so we would look Mickey Mouse by association. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Empty stadium for cup finals makes it harder to attract sponsors and makes the whole thing look amateurish. If you can't see why that's bad for us then you're obviously not thinking long term.

Fuck them.

Nothing to do with that.

I'm sure the green pound will adequately fill the stadium and support Scottish football just the way the SFA thought it would.

So nobody has any idea how an empty Hampden for the cup final is in any way good for Rangers?

Glad we've cleared that up.

Our stature in the game is not helped by Scottish football being in the toilet.

I reckon they'll get a decent crowd anyway. Every time there's a non-Old Firm final people talk about a tiny crowd but it never happens. It's always 45,000 plus.

You know what I'm actually happy about this. Anything to get the numbers up as it would be embarrassing to have the place half empty, gives them a chance to hit 40k I think, sensible pricing for the first time ever from the clowns in charge.

This. (tu)

Our fans who are trying to spin this as a negative come across like bitter numpties.

Some other key pointers for numpties are:

1) The tournament does have a sponsor (William Hill).

2) Many Scottish football fans would rather the oldest trophy in football did not have such a sponsor.

3) The SFA are not the SPFL!

This. (tu)

Our fans who are trying to spin this as a negative come across like bitter numpties.

Some other key pointers for numpties are:

1) The tournament does have a sponsor (William Hill).

2) Many Scottish football fans would rather the oldest trophy in football did not have such a sponsor.

3) The SFA are not the SPFL!

Good post.

All other stuff aside, we compete every year for the oldest trophy in world football. That's something we should cherish and support. The Scottish Cup is a great competition.

Good post.

All other stuff aside, we compete every year for the oldest trophy in world football. That's something we should cherish and support. The Scottish Cup is a great competition.

What we would also cherish and support is the SFA ripping up the 5-way agreement and giving us back the money they robbed from us and compensating us for other corrupt acts.

Don't talk bullshit.

What we would also cherish and support is the SFA ripping up the 5-way agreement and giving us back the money they robbed from us and compensating us for other corrupt acts.

Don't talk bullshit.

Why link the arseholes who run the SFA with the Scottish Cup final?

I think a lot of people seem to have forgotten that they used to like football.

FIFA is run by arseholes. Do you ignore the World Cup? UEFA is run by arseholes. Do you ignore the Euros and the Champions League?

The cup final this year will be a great occasion between two teams who never win anything. Good luck to them. Enjoy it. Like the St Johnstone win last year, or St Mirren winning the League Cup a couple of years back, or the Edinburgh derby final. All great occasions. It's football. Enjoy it and stop moaning.

FIFA is run by arseholes. Do you ignore the World Cup? UEFA is run by arseholes. Do you ignore the Euros and the Champions League?

The cup final this year will be a great occasion between two teams who never win anything. Good luck to them. Enjoy it. Like the St Johnstone win last year, or St Mirren winning the League Cup a couple of years back, or the Edinburgh derby final. All great occasions. It's football. Enjoy it and stop moaning.

Fair point, actually.

Fair point, actually.

Neither FIFA nor UEFA tried to stick the boot into us the way the SFA did.

Forgive and forget, why don't you. Yeah right, the big, fat penpusher is still around.