A Contrasting Attitude

jimmy millar

I see the Hertz manager Robbie Nielsen,is quoted in the papers as saying he doesn`t give a monkeys what Rangers are doing,he`s only interested in the performance of his own team and who they`re playing next.Ally,in the paper the other day quoted,"we`re checking the results of other teams for the first time in three years".

Unless we become more positive and aggresive in our approach to this league,I fear Hertz will win it,and what a disaster that would be.There is a faultline running through the club,I`m trying to avoid another Ally oot thread.Until the boardroom carry on is sorted,I see little point in bringing in a new management team,but this entire squad manager included need a rocket.

I see the Hertz manager Robbie Nielsen,is quoted in the papers as saying he doesn`t give a monkeys what Rangers are doing,he`s only interested in the performance of his own team and who they`re playing next.Ally,in the paper the other day quoted,"we`re checking the results of other teams for the first time in three years".

Unless we become more positive and aggresive in our approach to this league,I fear Hertz will win it,and what a disaster that would be.There is a faultline running through the club,I`m trying to avoid another Ally oot thread.Until the boardroom carry on is sorted,I see little point in bringing in a new management team,but this entire squad manager included need a rocket.

And you write this having read the Hearts managers quotes and worrying about Hearts winning the league?

agree with that, we should never worry about other teams, especially in Scotland.

seen Rio ferdinand saying something similar the other day in reference to Ferguson and Moyes. He said Moyes liked to go over the other teams strengths so they could counter it where as Fergie never mentioned the other team and only worked on their own strengths and weaknesses in regards to winning.

Let the opposition worry about us, we should concentrate fully on finding a style of play that both wins and is attractive to fans and players alike.

It's a sad (and worrying) fact that we worry about EVERY team we play! The Alloa's, Falkirk's, Dumbarton's of this world are now serious challenges for Rangers, and we're never sure that Rangers will 'step up to the plate', or that we're going to get a committed performance - sad times indeed!

There's little difference between us and the bottom of the 4th league in Scotland ( other than wages but shhh ). Jig said so. :pipe:

Giving teams a little respect is one thing. But so rarely over the last few years have we set out to let the opposition worry about us ( ie one up front and 2 holding midfielders at home as examples ). And that is unacceptable for Rangers.

Robbie Neilsen is so full of shit if he said that - and any one using that as a reason to slate

Ally is grasping at straws

Neilson has them training twice a day , whilst we play tig for a couple hours, god knows if we even use a ball in training as certain players look confused when one comes near them in a game ....

Always remember the Matt McKay quotes about our training methods , which went unchallenged by McCoist :(

Neilson has them training twice a day , whilst we play tig for a couple hours, god knows if we even use a ball in training as certain players look confused when one comes near them in a game ....

Always remember the Matt McKay quotes about our training methods , which went unchallenged by McCoist :(

Ah, this old chestnut. Don't forget, "something, something, Nando's something, something, something, something."

Why was cunt sitting next to us at raith game as he had already played both teams. He also said last week after Dumbarton draw that he was happy as it kept them ahead of us. Although he still has a long way to go to attain ally's level of talking pish after games.

And what has Robbie Neilson won in his career for him to be considered the font of all knowledge? Suggest that we wait and see how season develops, nothing is won in September.

Why should it matter what he did as a player?

In his short time as a manager he seems to be doing ok. I'd say punching above his weight, given the results of his team of mostly youngsters ( with a decent midfield and experienced spine of team ) against more experienced players. His team beat us at Ibrox ffs.

Yes he talks pish and I don't particularly like him. But his team are doing the talking on the park for him, apparently in some style, and he deserves credit for that.

Why should it matter what he did as a player?

In his short time as a manager he seems to be doing ok. I'd say punching above his weight, given the results of his team of mostly youngsters ( with a decent midfield and experienced spine of team ) against more experienced players. His team beat us at Ibrox ffs.

Yes he talks pish and I don't particularly like him. But his team are doing the talking on the park for him, apparently in some style, and he deserves credit for that.

I wouldn't normally place much store on what a manager did as a player but as he has little managerial experience to talk about there is little else to go on.

In the first three months of Ally's term as manager he seemed to do ok too. How did that turn out?

I wouldn't place any store in Hearts beating us with a late goal in the first game of the season. As I said before, you win nothing at this stage of the season. Your comments on Heart's youngsters in regard to our more experienced team will only be relevant should they ultimately stay the course and beat us in the league.

I wouldn't normally place much store on what a manager did as a player but as he has little managerial experience to talk about there is little else to go on.

In the first three months of Ally's term as manager he seemed to do ok too. How did that turn out?

I wouldn't place any store in Hearts beating us with a late goal in the first game of the season. As I said before, you win nothing at this stage of the season. Your comments on Heart's youngsters in regard to our more experienced team will only be relevant should they ultimately stay the course and beat us in the league.

My point is folk seem to want to write him off just because he comes across as a bit of a twat, or because he's their manager.

Scored more than us, lost less goals than us, beat us at home.

At this moment in time he's doing more than ok, on significantly less resources than our own manager has, but yeah time will tell if he is a good manager.