Took in the West Ham game on Saturday

TMWWBK

Had a free day off on Saturday so me and my brother thought we’d get ourselves along to the Boleyen Ground.

The stadium itself was much nicer than I expected it to be. It wasn’t spectacular, nor did it have that “historic” feel, but it was tidy and it really did have a polished looked to it. The Dr Martens Stand in particular, was very impressive.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0725-1.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

Before continuing, I must give credit to the Newcastle fans. They sang for the full 90 and generally took the piss out of themselves and their current plight. Ditties like “you stole my holiday” and “you’ve only got one song” were even applauded by the West Ham fans! They also chanted Keegan’s name throughout.

The game was a pretty interesting affair. Both teams didn’t impress me too much and I actually think that Rangers could beat the both of them quite comfortably. Newcastle were absolutely atrocious in the first half (which was expected considering they basically lamped Cacapa in the middle of the pitch) and they just couldn’t keep possession at all. Di Michele stole the headlines by bagging a first half brace but in all honesty, I thought he looked pretty average. Matty Etherington was the Hammers’ main man and gave Newcastle a torrid time. Newcastle improved in the second half and it was the introduction of young Sebastien Bassong that sparked their renaissance. He wasn’t afraid to take players on and he looked dangerous. Sadly for the young Frenchman, Etherington made it 3-0 against the run of play before Michael Owen pulled one back for the Magpies. I know people say he’s finished and I agree that he isn’t the same player as he once was, but seeing Owen’s movement in the flesh left me awestruck.

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

Oh, and I also forgot to ask, what on earth happened to Julian “The TVG” Faubert? I remember this guy was awesome at Bordeaux but yesterday he just looked absolutely out of his depth. He was West Ham’s worst player by quite a distance and the words "dodged" and "bullet" spring to mind.

I forgot to mention (and this is a bit crazy) but just after arriving at the ground i heard two pissed up Scottish accents in the distance, shouting and swearing. I had no idea where or who this cursing was coming from and it wasnt until i spotted the uniform of shame that it all made sense.

IMG_0728.jpg

Unbelievably, these two craicsters were in attendance. One of them (the one in the crutches) was swearing and shouting "Hail Hail" to passer by's and the other one was spilling his can of Super Lager all over himself. I was torn between disgust, disbelief and hilarity at how pathetic they were.

Are you from the London area?

As im from the Glasgow area i took in St Mirren and Falkirk and for 13 quid i think i was ripped off by about 11

Nah mate, just down here for a week seeing some family.

Going to see the Buddies play in Paisley is just as bad as seeing the Hammers in East London! An absolute nightmare of a district.

nice story.....poor old Newcastle fans you have to hand it to them they are sticking in there through thick and thin

I'd be shocked if they managed to stay up this season, they were just that poor.

I think we picked a decent game to go to, although there were a good few Shame FC uniforms on the go prior to kick off.

I don’t want to sound negative but never again would I go back over there. A cross between Rwanda and Iraq! And that’s almost an insult to our African/Arab brothers!

Had to laugh though when TMWWBK tried paying for a Hotdog with a Scottish £20. The wee girl on the counter looked as though he was trying to pay her with a dog ****. :D

I think we picked a decent game to go to, although there were a good few Shame FC uniforms on the go prior to kick off.

I don’t want to sound negative but never again would I go back over there. A cross between Rwanda and Iraq! And that’s almost an insult to our African/Arab brothers!

Had to laugh though when TMWWBK tried paying for a Hotdog with a Scottish £20. The wee girl on the counter looked as though he was trying to pay her with a dog ****. :D

:mutley: