Bilel Mohsni

Have been thinking about this since the Albion Rovers Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox.

Since we all agree that Mohsni is a bomb scare defensively would it not make more sense to play him further up the pitch? Personally I think he takes far too many risks to be a defender whether it be risky passes or going too far forward and struggling to get back.

Despite this, I think he is a good aerial threat, is capable of going past players and scoring goals (as he proved last night aswell as in the Albion Rovers game). I think his most suited position would either be in the holding role or up front where he can take risks, use his arial threat and not leave us so exposed at the back.

It's something I definetly think is worth a try and it would also allow us to give Faure a chance at playing in his natural position at CB.

good shout, hes a decent footballer but I god awful defender...like a very poor mans david luiz, good on the ball, seems like hed rather play further up, scores a decent amount of goals, eye for a pass and he has long hair :7325: (I felt rotten booing him the other week against Dundee utd but I was disgusted with his performance, I really like the guy but hes a shite defender)

Have been thinking about this since the Albion Rovers Scottish Cup tie at Ibrox.

Since we all agree that Mohsni is a bomb scare defensively would it not make more sense to play him further up the pitch? Personally I think he takes far too many risks to be a defender whether it be risky passes or going too far forward and struggling to get back.

Despite this, I think he is a good aerial threat, is capable of going past players and scoring goals (as he proved last night aswell as in the Albion Rovers game). I think his most suited position would either be in the holding role or up front where he can take risks, use his arial threat and not leave us so exposed at the back.

It's something I definetly think is worth a try and it would also allow us to give Faure a chance at playing in his natural position at CB.

Apparently he played lots of games for Southend as the main striker & scored plenty goals for them.

Swap him & Daly?

Would do a far better job than daly up top. He's a real pest and good with his feet. Would be terrible in a holding role though.

I disagree. As someone said he is like a poor mans David Luiz and has a decent eye for a pass. It would mean we wouldn't be as exposed as we would still have our back four behind him.

Playing players out of position is a speciality for our manager and his predecessor anyway...

Moshni is a natural striker, for all we know.

Every professional player should be able to play well in at least two positions. The big man prefers defence by the way so YOU would be playing him out of HIS natural position.

Definitely not. He looked terrible when he was up front against Albion Rovers. His touch is awful, balls kept on just bouncing off him and I don't think even he knows what he's doing sometimes when he's dribbling.

Also wouldn't make a good holding midfielder. You need qualities like good first touch, composure, passing, concentration. He gives the ball away far too much to play in midfield.

On his day he is a really good central defender when he keeps things simple and plays a simple pass to midfield or just clears it, unfortunately he is too inconsistent and makes too many mistakes. There is something there, but simply not good enough long term.

No way in a holding role his distribution is fucking woeful think he may improve in central defence though with a natural cb beside him to guide him through games,imagine how Gallagher and Clarke would feel if eventually Daly was dropped and they still didn't get a look in? laughable suggestion

Mohsni is good in the air and tackles well, his problem is distribution. Sometimes he's excellent other times he's woeful. Having said that, I dread to think of this season's defence without him. The manager should be instructing him before he goes on the park and the captain should be instructing him when on the field. It's all very well putting him up front but McCulloch is woeful at the back.

I think with a partner in defense who actually knows how to play there then he could possibly a decent player.

If he was in next to Weir for example ( not suggesting we bring him back by the way :) )he would be a far better player.

Bilel Mohsni proved to be Rangers' match-winner against Ayr, but boss Ally McCoist admitted after the game that his hardest task was ensuring the centre-back does not lose the plot every week.

The Frenchman scored twice in the League One champions' latest third-tier victory as the Honest Men went down 2-1 at Ibrox.

But the former Southend defender was involved in an angry touchline spat with United boss Mark Roberts midway through the first half.

Mohsni faked to throw the ball at Roberts, who responded by kicking the ball back at the 26-year-old before a quiet word from referee Iain Brines calmed flaring tempers.

McCoist said keeping Mohsni in check was an increasingly difficult task.

"He got involved with Mark and we do need to rein him in a bit at times," the Ibrox boss said.

"I don't know if highly strung is the right word, but it was the same with Majid Bougherra and El-Hadji Diouf - there was a very thin line (with his temper).

"We try to calm him down but away from the park he is a sensational boy with the fans and the kids. He is a real pleasure.

"But a lot of people said to us he is perhaps not the hardest to wind up. If we can calm down a wee bit and keep his goal return we will certainly be pleased with him."

Mohsni's double took his to 12 for the season.

He headed Rangers ahead from a Fraser Aird corner after 54 minutes before Alan Forrest - younger brother of Celtic winger James - levelled for the visitors after Arnold Peralta's mistake.

But Mohsni ensured the unbeaten champions are now just two points away from a century by pouncing to score the winner after Ayr keeper David Hutton saved from Nicky Clark's header.

McCoist added: "He is a box of tricks is our Bilel. He has come up with some very important goals and we have to be thankful for that.

"It's a fantastic return for a centre-back. When we brought him in from Southend at the start of the season, we knew his capabilities of scoring goals."

Roberts felt his side deserved more than a point but played down the Mohsni row.

"I couldn't understand a word he was saying, to be honest with you," he said.

"He kept throwing the ball at me. I thought we were playing basketball. I just gave him the ball back and he couldn't catch it.

"He had the last laugh, I suppose."