• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to give this a watch fellow bears

sitting with stream of tears in my eyes

We are the greatest club in the world

And these bears that died will always live on within Ibrox

And some people think last summer was our darkest days,Jan 1971 was and probably always will be.God bless them.And to be honest,I can't actually watch it again!especially when young Peter Easton mums starts to talk about him,sorry mate.To much for me.

May they all rest in peace

In 2005 my eldest stepdaughter lost her fight with cancer at the age of 34. She was cremated and her ashes interred in a small plot in Markinch cemetary..........she was a true bearette. A year later her broken hearted Dad gave up the will to live and joined her there in that wee square on the wind-swept hill...........he was a true bear.

On quiet days I visit them and pass on our news, good or bad, they deserve to know.

Then I walk down towards the gate where the graves of those wee boys from this village are sited. The ones who went to the match and returned in coffins after our worst moment.

I can't talk to them for sobbing to myself. One day though they'll get to know about everyone and everything they've missed. I'll see to it, one day.

This is the documentary that was on BBC last year?

Aye Steve, 40 years on then, and still fresh in the minds of some of us, and in 2021 they'll show it again as a reminder. That'll be the 50th year.

Whenever and wherever we are called upon to play on that day ( 2nd January ) they will be remembered with the love and reverence owed to them by those of us who escaped their fate.

Aye Steve, 40 years on then, and still fresh in the minds of some of us, and in 2021 they'll show it again as a reminder. That'll be the 50th year.

Whenever and wherever we are called upon to play on that day ( 2nd January ) they will be remembered with the love and reverence owed to them by those of us who escaped their fate.

I come from Glenrothes but spent a good few years living in Markinch as a Primary School kid. I never knew about the history of this, as my Grandad always tried to keep me out of the full on Rangers history, so he could leave my club decision to myself.

I first seen the Markinch remembrance after the charity appeal and searching for it during the Markinch Highland Games - it looks good.

Remembrance is for all Bears who lost their life on the day.

Is Mrs Easton still in Markinch? Listening to her talk of that day is absolutely gut-wrenching. I saw her at the 40th anniversary remembrance service when Rev Stuart MacQuarrie conducted the service. Stuart was on the same bus as myself that awful day.

My older brother was extremely lucky. He was 12 and at the game without my Fathers knowledge, he was down at the bottom of the stairwell and was pulled to safety over a wall that ran along the side of the stairwell, he was o.k but lost his shoes and had to make his way home barefooted.

I can remember him coming home, it must have been after 9 oclock as I was in my bed (I was 7 ) My dad had a real go at him, but when he told him where he was and what had happened to him, my dad went into shock, he did something really mental, he went and fetched my brother a fish supper then headed over to the Stadium, we used to joke that he was so tight, he went looking for Joe's shoes, ... but I think he just went to see if there was anything he could do.

My older brother was extremely lucky. He was 12 and at the game without my Fathers knowledge, he was down at the bottom of the stairwell and was pulled to safety over a wall that ran along the side of the stairwell, he was o.k but lost his shoes and had to make his way home barefooted.

I can remember him coming home, it must have been after 9 oclock as I was in my bed (I was 7 ) My dad had a real go at him, but when he told him where he was and what had happened to him, my dad went into shock, he did something really mental, he went and fetched my brother a fish supper then headed over to the Stadium, we used to joke that he was so tight, he went looking for Joe's shoes, ... but I think he just went to see if there was anything he could do.

Fate's a strange thing. A few seconds sooner or later, a left turn here, a right turn there. Life is so fragile.

So glad your brother returned safe and RIP the poor souls who were lost that fateful day.

I was at the game with my mate, we always used stair 13 to leave, but for some strange reason we headed to another gate that day.

I count myself very very lucky that day, my heart goes out to the families of those that were not so fortunate.

We will always remember them.