Jason Holt - 1

James Tavernier - 1

Martyn Waghorn - 1

Assists:

James Tavernier - 2

Nicky Law - 1

Jason Holt - 1

Lee Wallace - 1

Also including the "show edit line" in the OP so it can be seen when it was last updated in case I'm late one match

do opta not count back 2 passes for assists if its relevent?

like player A splitting the defence with a pass to player B to run on to and square to player C to score?

players A and B get assists and player C gets the goal

What if the opposition had the ball and player F made a terrific tackle and the ball broke to player E who played a cracking 1-2 with player D who then gave a great sideways pass to player A who split the defence with a pass to player B who ran on to it and squared to player C to score, and then players G, H, I and J joined in a really novel, clever, goal celebration, and everyone got OPTA assists, including the goalkeeper who otherwise would feel left out.

Are you comfortable with that scenario OP ?

What if the opposition had the ball and player F made a terrific tackle and the ball broke to player E who played a cracking 1-2 with player D who then gave a great sideways pass to player A who split the defence with a pass to player B who ran on to it and squared to player C to score, and then players G, H, I and J joined in a really novel, clever, goal celebration, and everyone got OPTA assists, including the goalkeeper who otherwise would feel left out.

youve taken that too far (tu)

You seem to be forgetting Kit Man A and Cafeteria women A and B who also helped out in assisting the eventual goalscorer

Got this idea from another forum, I'll keep it updated throughout the season (tu)

Goals

Kenny Miller - 5

Martyn Waghorn - 3

James Tavernier - 3

Lee Wallace - 2

Nicky Clark - 1

Barrie McKay - 1

Andy Halliday - 1

David Templeton - 1

Dean Shiels - 1

Jason Holt - 1

Assists

Jason Holt - 5

Barrie McKay - 4

James Tavernier - 3

Nicky Clark - 2

Danny Wilson - 1

David Templeton - 1

Lee Wallace - 1

Nicky Law - 1

Tom Walsh - 1

according to hibs net if they stop out fullbacks they can beat us, also according to this junky site our midfield lacks creativity. Would post this on it if I had an account

Never seen so much confusion over what counts as an assist.

Being fouled to win a free kick or penalty that we score from shouldn't count.

IMO an assist is the final pass that creates a goal. No need to over complicate it.

I'm just going by the official definition

I'm not counting the assist for Tavernier's goal, it was a solo goal. Zelalem played a simple lay off 35 yards from goal where Tav proceeded to run 20 yards, skinning two players and score.

If there's an outrage I'll reconsider but that was my opinion on the goal so I didn't award an assist for it