Goalscorer And Assists Tables

Broxi

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not counting the assist for Tavernier's goal, it was a solo goal. Zelalem played a simple lay off 35 yards from goal where Tav proceeded to run 20 yards, skinning two players and score.

If there's an outrage I'll reconsider but that was my opinion on the goal so I didn't award an assist for it

I'd agree with you there to be fair, Tavernier made it himself, I wouldn't count an assist for it.

Matchday Stats: Airdrieonians v Rangers

Goals:

Nicky Clark - 1

Andy Halliday - 1

Martyn Waghorn - 1

Dean Shiels - 1

James Tavernier - 1

Assists:

Andy Halliday - 1

Dean Shiels - 1

Gedion Zelalem - 1

Lee Wallace - 1

(tu)

Would it be too much work to add the running total in brackets for goals and assists or at the end of every month put up a total for each player ? :unsure:

I'm not counting the assist for Tavernier's goal, it was a solo goal. Zelalem played a simple lay off 35 yards from goal where Tav proceeded to run 20 yards, skinning two players and score.

If there's an outrage I'll reconsider but that was my opinion on the goal so I didn't award an assist for it

Outrage!

Outrage!!!!

Rules have to be objective, not subjective. You can't just interpret how much value you give to the player's contribution to the goal. I disagree with not giving the assists on penalties and free-kicks but at least the rule is objective.

Good job you're doing though (tu) .

Why wouldn't you count free-kicks or penalties for assists?!??! Mental to not.

I am counting them, hence why Holt is on 5 instead of 3

(tu)

Would it be too much work to add the running total in brackets for goals and assists or at the end of every month put up a total for each player ? :unsure:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. A combined goals+assists total?

Outrage!!!!

Rules have to be objective, not subjective. You can't just interpret how much value you give to the player's contribution to the goal. I disagree with not giving the assists on penalties and free-kicks but at least the rule is objective.

Good job you're doing though (tu) .

The official FIFA ruling on assists do say no assist is given for a solo goal so I guess it is pretty objective on what counts as a solo goal. And I am counting assists on penalties and freekicks. Tavernier's freekick from Hibs has no assist because it was a handball.

Didn't Zelalem lay off Halliday?

Nope, Zelalem passed to Shiels who layed off Haliday (tu)

I am counting them, hence why Holt is on 5 instead of 3

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. A combined goals+assists total?

The official FIFA ruling on assists do say no assist is given for a solo goal so I guess it is pretty objective on what counts as a solo goal. And I am counting assists on penalties and freekicks. Tavernier's freekick from Hibs has no assist because it was a handball.

Nope, Zelalem passed to Shiels who layed off Haliday (tu)

Yes a running total for goals and assists either in brackets (when you put each game) or an end of month total. Thanks for the work you are doing game by game at the moment. (tu)

Matchday Stats: Queen of the South vs Rangers

Goals:

Martyn Waghorn - 2

Andy Halliday - 1

Jason Holt - 1

Barrie McKay - 1

Assists:

Barrie McKay - 1

Dominic Ball - 1

Gedion Zelalem - 1

Martyn Waghorn - 1

No assist awarded for the handball penalty.

Matchday Stats: Queen of the South vs Rangers

Goals:

Martyn Waghorn - 2

Andy Halliday - 1

Jason Holt - 1

Barrie McKay - 1

Assists:

Barrie McKay - 1

Jason Holt - 1

Gedion Zelalem - 1

Martyn Waghorn - 1

No assist awarded for the handball penalty. But jeezo, Holt is getting tons of assists from being fouled.

Was it not Dominic Ball that got fouled for the pen?

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking about running totals that are different to the ones in the OP?

Anyone handy with excel could have the totals running no bother.....its interesting to see and brilliant that there is contribution coming from so many areas of the pitch.