Joe Wark Rip

linnyplant

Joe was a very good full back who played for Motherwell in the 1970s. He was a Kinning Park boy and a big Rangera fan. I met Joe at a Harmony Row player of the year night when I was 14 and he presented the trophies out. He was a cracking guy and he told me that his toughest opponent was the Stoke City winger Terry Conroy. Our very own Edmiston Drive (miss him on here) was friendly with Joe and used to play football with him on the plots pitches next to Plantation park and they went to Ibrox together to watch the Rangers. Sadly Joe passed away yesterday at the very young age of 67 . Joe had Alzheimers. RIP

Senile Dementia or Alzheimer's are cunts of diseases which imho are sometimes worse for families than cancer or other life limiting conditions. Losing a loved one is bad enough but watching the person you know disappear first is unspeakably cruel.

RIP Joe.

Joe was a very good full back who played for Motherwell in the 1970s. He was a Kinning Park boy and a big Rangera fan. I met Joe at a Harmony Row player of the year night when I was 14 and he presented the trophies out. He was a cracking guy and he told me that his toughest opponent was the Stoke City winger Terry Conroy. Our very own Edmiston Drive (miss him on here) was friendly with Joe and used to play football with him on the plots pitches next to Plantation park and they went to Ibrox together to watch the Rangers. Sadly Joe passed away yesterday at the very young age of 67 . Joe had Alzheimers. RIP

Great post Lindsay

Senile Dementia or Alzheimer's are cunts of diseases which imho are sometimes worse for families than cancer or other life limiting conditions. Losing a loved one is bad enough but watching the person you know disappear first is unspeakably cruel.

RIP Joe.

Correct Beast and sadly doctors in the UK sometimes misdiagnose B-12 deficiency as dementia allowing both patient and family to suffer unduly when in fact all that is needed is a shot of B-12 once per month.

RIP Joe was he related to John Wark???

Correct Beast and sadly doctors in the UK sometimes misdiagnose B-12 deficiency as dementia allowing both patient and family to suffer unduly when in fact all that is needed is a shot of B-12 once per month.

RIP Joe was he related to John Wark???

I think he was his uncle.

RIP Joe

RIP Joe.

It's devastating mate, it's robs you of your loved one while they're still alive, everything you know and love about them changes, you're left with memories of how they were years before they die

So sorry to hear that.

I was in the Cubs , back in 71 and he refereed a game between us and Harmony Row in front of Ibrox where we got beat 10-1 , funny the things you remember .

It was a big thing for us back then , being about 10 or so , that he was the ref and a real footballer , that took the time out to do that.

RIP Joe Wark .