Gazza Grateful For Gers Fans' Support & Still Follows Us

OlegKuznetsov

A nice wee positive story from the legend.

'I'll always be grateful to Rangers fans': Paul Gascoigne heads back to Scotland to thank supporters for their help through his troubles

GAZZA is hosting a Q&A session in Motherwell later this month and says he is feeling better than he has in years.

JS65580622.jpg
Paul Gascoigne attends the Premiere of "Gascoigne" in London in June

PAUL Gascoigne is heading to Scotland to thank faithful Rangers fans who helped him through his darkest days.
The Ibrox legend says it was their enduring support that helped see off the demons that have afflicted him since he retired from the game.
Gazza’s Q&A session in Motherwell comes on the 20th anniversary of the beginning of his glory days with Rangers.
And he told the Record he has been keeping an eye on his old club as they toil in Scotland’s lower leagues.
Gazza said: “I feel very sorry for Rangers fans who have had to suffer for the last few seasons. Here’s hoping they get back to the top soon.
“I don’t know if Rangers can get up into the top league in time to stop Celtic winning 10 in a row. I hope so.
“The Rangers nine in a row was special and done in competition with Celtic, that was a fantastic achievement.”

Action Images/Nick PottsPaul-Gascoigne.jpg
Paul Gascoigne in action for Rangers

Gazza still revels in the limelight and will look forward to a packed Motherwell Concert Hall on October 24.
The 48-year-old spent three successful years at Ibrox and went down in history for crying in front of millions when England failed to make the World Cup Final in 1990.
But he has also battled mental illness, drugs and alcohol addiction, which he has kept at arm’s length in recent months.
He said: “Getting the appreciation I have from Rangers fans has been really helpful in keeping me healthy and strong. I have been in great spirits recently and I feel better now than I have in years.
“I’m lucky in that so many Rangers fans want to come and see me and hear my stories and shake my hand. Everybody wants to spend some time talking about the good old days.”

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy we people can be cruel at times . The guy is a Rangers living legend . Warts and all .The guy wears his heart on his sleeve . He has more character flaws than most of us put together .

The guy sells stories and has a PR machine that demands he make the best of what he has

But why do we have to slaughter ex heroes .Gough ,Gazza , Hateley etc .

Can't we just cut them some slack from time to time ?

Love this guy, but these events really don't sit right with me. Think it all started with Tyson ? . It's a blatant rip off.

A decent gesture if he really appreciates us is to get himself back at Ibrox for a half time draw and interview.

:lol: Some Rangers fans seem to hate every ex-Rangers player.

The guy's a severe alcoholic. It's a fucking illness. He couldn't have had something else on his plate in the last 10 years that took precedence over taking time out to fawning over us?

Pretty confident if asked the question, he'd never be anything but positive about us.

(tu) fucking annoys me. Every ex player who gets mentioned gets slated off of clueless retards.

Even Richard Gough one of our greatest captains gets it. Folk wanty get a grip.

Some are so bitter i dont even know why they bother supporting us since they clearly get no joy from it

FS!

Can't believe he is getting slated on here. The problems this guy has had!

What do you want him to do? Wake up everyday and hold a press conference about how much he loves the Rangers?

If he did this the same arse's would be on here slateing him for talking about Rangers to much!!

Geeeeese fucking peace eh!

The guy's a severe alcoholic. It's a fucking illness. He couldn't have had something else on his plate in the last 10 years that took precedence over taking time out to fawning over us?

Pretty confident if asked the question, he'd never be anything but positive about us.

(tu) Spot on.

There are some real bitter bangers on here. Obviously none of them have any demons or imperfections whatsoever... No siree, bub. No glaring character flaws to see on here. Nope. Never.

Too many scumbags dressed up as unforgiving zealots.

Gazza, you're a bona fide legend, mate.

Last of the Rock n' Roll footballers. Stay focused and strong and fuck the haters, both green and blue.

FS!

Can't believe he is getting slated on here. The problems this guy has had!

What do you want him to do? Wake up everyday and hold a press conference about how much he loves the Rangers?

If he did this the same arse's would be on here slateing him for talking about Rangers to much!!

Geeeeese fucking peace eh!

Apparently he does that for Spurs, Lazio and Newcastle.

It's well documented that Gazza doesn't like going to games anymore, apparently he can't enjoy the game from the stands and it just makes him want to be out on the pitch more and adds to his depression. Have never heard Gazza say anything negative about us.