Best Game In Years.

simon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we have ball for Wilson next game as he is really bad, waghorn was superb despite not scoring, If Falkirk play like that against hibs, they could really struggle!

Ball should have started today. Counted three occasions where Wilson gave the ball away in his own area.

Waghorn was tremendous and put pressure on their defense. Problem is on any number of occasions we had the ball out wide with Wags, McKay and Nathan and there was nobody in the middle. We need a penalty box striker.

Not at our best, some great passing for first goal from Deano after 3 minutes, seemed to lose our edge after that and they came back into it. Great last 10/15 place was bouncing, players showed a fair bit of dig not to be bullied out of the game and two great goals.

Referee and linesmen were shocking.

Fucking loved it today :7325:

Thoroughly enjoyed it today , though that would be more to the excitement , than our performance .

I thought we played quite well today , though I have seen us play better - we gave the ball away needlessly too many times today for my liking.

On a positive note , it was good to see the team show their battling qualities when things weren't going their way , not helped by an inept referee. It's a virtue we're going to have to show as we play higher quality teams in the future .

I'd had settled for 3 - 1 today before a ball was kicked , given Falkirk's recent form , and that's what we got . . . and deserved .

I like Waghorn attacking from the right, he makes things happen, we kept plugging away and got there in the end.

Absolutely agree. Always seems to be better out wide and cutting in or going for the bye line. He is good as running at players and has more of a chance to do this out wide. His work rate and commitment are top class.

Falkirk were better than I expected given their result against Ross County but as dirty as I expected a Houston team to be against Rangers.

I thought we had 3 players off their game in Oduwa, Holt and actually Tav, but the team is young and consistency will be tough this early in the season. On the other hand, I thought Halliday and Wallace were right back on their games after a couple of slightly shaky performances.

Waghorn was immense second half and I think Miller is so much better coming on for the last 30 of games. He really gave us a spark when he came on today.

Absolutely agree. Always seems to be better out wide and cutting in or going for the bye line. He is good as running at players and has more of a chance to do this out wide. His work rate and commitment are top class.

To be honest I like the way he can play both centre and out wide , and be equally effective.

we were pretty rotten but fair play to the team for grinding out the win. sometimes winning when not playing well is more satisfying

Away you go. We were far from rotten. We stuck to playing football throughout and earned that win.

Thought we were flat in first half after the early goal.......pleased we kept trying to play football even with their slowing down tactics, fouling, and getting 10 men behind the ball.

Wilson didn't seem able to find a pass out from the back (unless it was sideways to Wallace).....hopefully he'll improve.

All in all.......... 3 points........good game........9 clear

Good game,sub par performance.

Mckay is scared to take a man on.

Oduwa didnt do much but tbh hes probably sick of the boot getting stuck into him every time.

Wilson is useless. No idea why we signed him.

Deano played well, showed a bit of passion that was severely lacking in the rest of the squad

Miller changed the game imo. Should have been brought on earlier.

And the referee looked like top of the class in the Glasgow School of Beadrattling.

Good result but expect better next time.

Totally agree Miller changed the game. Striker with plenty of guile happy to play the ball on the ground and enough aggression to get in their faces.

Away you go. We were far from rotten. We stuck to playing football throughout and earned that win.

our passing was sloppy for the majority of the game and Falkirk's strikers got in behind our defence too much for me. fair enough rotten is probably a tad strong but we can play much better than we did today

our passing was sloppy for the majority of the game and Falkirk's strikers got in behind our defence too much for me. fair enough rotten is probably a tad strong but we can play much better than we did today

Personally. I'd rather see a competitive game like today than a game like we had against Raith.

We played shite .We had at least two passengers today but the game was entertaining .Thought Haliday was our best man .Mckay worked his socks off .If he does this ,He is such a better player .Overall .very happy

I thought we were shite too mate

A lot of misplaced passes, i though mckay was rotten, no left foot and predictably tried to cut in every time and more often than not lost it, has someone told that cunt wilson he is beckham?? The amount of 30 yard passes he tried and made a cunt of was outrageous

I didn't think McKay had his best game but he stuck to his reasonably task well. He was considerably better than Oduwa who had one of those games when nothing went for him and his head dropped a bit. Don't like to be too hard on either of them though, all wingers tend to have their good days and bad days.

For me we were poor 2day and gother out of jail tbh, to many players were off their games and our passing was woeful as much as it was wasteful, but saying that we still managed the win.

On the not about the ref, what the fuck was that about wae big Kiernan and not letting him back on the pitch?

I understand what you are saying, but some of the play in the Raith game was just brilliant.

Totally agree, but personally, I'd much rather see two teams fighting for everything than one team just trying not to lose