Barrie Mckay

LeeWallaceRFC

i like him, although id like to see him have more pops at goal when he cuts back in instead of just a wee pass back or inside

although the wee passes back and inside keeps it tickin over until a clearer chance comes along.

id imagine the manager is happy with what hes doing aswell or we would see him trying to get to the bye line or sat on the bench for not following instructions

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I would like to see him commit defenders more often he has been one of our standouts this season so far. technically he is very good, he has quick feet and has been involved in a lot of our attacking play as evidenced with his assists this season.

some of the comments over the last week or so have been embarrassing, we have a young team and inconsistency is part and parcel of a young players game, we have won all but one game and most of them have been with a style and flair we haven't seen since the 90's and yet people are still having a go at our exciting and hard working young players after a couple of poor (by our new standards) games.

no one is above criticism but the oduwa(worst player in a rangers Jersey :anguish: fml) and now mckay threads are a joke.

although I would like to see him commit defenders more often he has been one of our standouts this season so far. technically he is very good, he has quick feet and has been involved in a lot of our attacking play as evidenced with his assists this season.

some of the comments over the last week or so have been embarrassing, we have a young team and inconsistency is part and parcel of a young players game, we have won all but one game and most of them have been with a style and flair we haven't seen since the 90's and yet people are still having a go at our exciting and hard working young players after a couple of poor (by our new standards) games.

no one is above criticism but the oduwa(worst player in a rangers Jersey :anguish: fml) and now mckay threads are a joke.

Not the brightest.

Over the course of the season Barrie has done well, for a young player who was so far out o the picture very well actually.

Keeps possession nicely, move the play up the field to the last third effectively, has as others have said assisted greatly in terms of goals for column.

But the OP is right in the sense that he does turn back more than most other wide players.

I'd like to see him get into the box a bit more and see if he can draw fouls inside the box. Quite often he's doing so just outside it when it wouldn't take much to push the defender into bigger risks just a few yards back.

Deserves his place, our best wideman.

Would hope Walsh gets back in the picture soon, Oduwu isn't cutting it for me and I'd love to see Barry on one wing, Walsh on the other, and Oduwu coming on after the hour when he's shown he can be an impact player.

I love the relationship that seems to be blossoming between McKay and Wallace down the left flank.

McKay is a great footballer who uses the ball intelligently.

Judging by a lot of comments on this thread, some fans are as thick as mince.

Surprise, surprise, once again, he was abysmal yesterday.

I really like McKay as a player, hence having him in my signature for the past 3 years. He has quality, Oduwa? Nothing but pace.

Falkirk not only doubled up against hi, they put 3 on him! Again, he's a young player and will have off days but he was hardly abysmal.

Some guys need to get a grip of reality.

From the video that jules posted he set up 3 chances on Sat one eventually led to a goal so it's hardly a sign of playing badly.

He fed Wallace to set up Holts chance, he played the pass for Waggy when he tried to chip the goalie and he played the one two with Law which led to Waldos goal.

From the video that jules posted he set up 3 chances on Sat one eventually led to a goal so it's hardly a sign of playing badly.

He fed Wallace to set up Holts chance, he played the pass for Waggy when he tried to chip the goalie and he played the one two with Law which led to Waldos goal.

(tu)

Exactly ...... If this is wee McKay playing badly, then we are all in for some amazing stuff when he hits top form. doh

:uk:

I see wee Barry as the ideal number 10 for us. Would love him to develop his game further by demanding more of the ball like Ferguson used to do. I think he's got all the attributes to become a great player for us but he needs to believe in himself more for me. Not knocking the boy at all because he's undoubtedly improved big time under W&W but can't help but feel there's a real gem of a player there.

Also as far as I can see he's far more comfortable getting involved through the middle and looks wasted when put out wide.

I see wee Barry as the ideal number 10 for us. Would love him to develop his game further by demanding more of the ball like Ferguson used to do. I think he's got all the attributes to become a great player for us but he needs to believe in himself more for me. Not knocking the boy at all because he's undoubtedly improved big time under W&W but can't help but feel there's a real gem of a player there.

Also as far as I can see he's far more comfortable getting involved through the middle and looks wasted when put out wide.

I agree with this. I think McKay is a natural number 10, not a winger. I don't think that role is one that Warburton has been known to use, though, so I just hope we continue to see him develop in the wider role.