Do you hear that?

BridgeIsBlue

rangersmedia-1416480500-U90682.gif

It's the sound of the world's smallest violin,playing just for poor wee Lenny.

http://www.dailyreco...-celtic-4659508

NEIL LENNON has revealed he quit Celtic because the sectarian “chaos and madness” had left him exhausted.

Lennon left Scotland at the end of last season but only landed a new job last month.

Many had questioned why he would chuck his role without having anything lined up.

The Irishman insists he just couldn’t take the baggage that burdened him in his 11 years at Celtic as a player and manager.

Bullets were sent to his home, he was attacked by a crazed Hearts fan and assaulted in the west end of Glasgow.

Lennon is in no doubt much of the abuse he copped was "sectarian in the stadiums. That's what it was".

In an interview with the Daily Mail Lennon said: “I don't want to paint a bad picture because it's fantastic up there from a football point of view.

“But it does wear you down in the end.

“Maybe it was the chaos and the madness catching up with me, but I just felt desperately tired. When I was younger I was able to have the energy and courage to get through it.

“When I was getting bullets through the post and all that.

“I had good people of intelligence in the background who were looking after me. But in the end I was exhausted emotionally.

“It all caught up with me. I needed a change of scenery. Did it change me as a person? Not really, no.

“Did it have an effect on me? I think at times it did. Now I'm out of it, do I miss the intensity? Sometimes, yes. We live off that.

“But I am loving what I am doing now. I can concentrate on the management and the football rather than the other stuff.

“I also need to prove I can manage in England.”

Lennon has won four of his first six games in charge at Bolton and is enjoying a new lease of life.

He accepts he is “no angel” but grew tired of what he says was people’s failure to label the abuse he received as sectarian.

He said: “It's brilliant here. I’m loving it. It's a great club and a whole new challenge for me.

“At times I didn't do myself any favours (in Glasgow). I am not saying I was an angel.

“But did I get a fair crack of the whip at times? No.

“Some of what was said about the difficulties I had was irresponsible. I found it personal.

“People wouldn't come out and say my treatment was sectarian.

“They said I brought it on myself. They hid behind that because they didn't want to admit it.

“But it was sectarian in the stadiums. That's what it was.

“People say, ‘He brings it on himself ... he is an aggressive manager’. But so are some other managers. So are some players.

“I was high-profile, I came for a lot of money as a player. For me, my job was being part of Martin O'Neill's team and to break the Rangers monopoly. We did that.

“When I came in again as manager, Walter Smith had won three in a row and I had to do it again. Eventually we did.

'Nobody else had to go through situations and circumstances like I have been through. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through it.

“You would hope that all the nonsense that happened to me would serve as a watershed.

“The anticipation and the rivalry in Glasgow will probably never tire and I enjoyed being part of it for a long time.

“There is part of me that misses it but a bigger part of me that doesn’t.”

Lennon has banned mobiles from training but he is adamant he’s no despot.

The 43-year-old added: “I am not a dictator or a bully or a disciplinarian.

“But there are certain things. I mean, woolly hats at training — is it really necessary?

“If it was snowing and minus three or four degrees then maybe I could understand it. But it's not.

“I don't want them to get comfortable when they train. I want them to work.

“I have banned mobiles from the training ground and the bus to games because I want them to focus on football. I am sick of seeing players in the dressing room texting or people calling them for tickets half an hour before a game.

“If your wife really needs you then she can ring the training ground.

“It's a little thing but it's an important thing. It's life, not just football.

“I have a 22-year-old daughter and she is in the car, in the back seat, and all I can hear is "Drrrrrrrrrrr" [imitates fingers on a phone keypad].

“I wouldn't get a word out of her for half an hour. I will tell her to switch it off and talk to me.

“The players have been great. These are not big things. I'm not dragging them in at 8am and sending them home at 5pm. It's just creating a better atmosphere.”

Haha. I love how he off hand claims he broke the 'monopoly' Walter Smith created at Rangers during three in a row.

Aye, you got pumped with far more resources than Smith until Ally took over and we hit administration. Cracking achievement Neil.

Hating a scumbag isn't sectarian.

I think he had to get himself thoroughly integrated with the media down there, which was made easier by his friends up here. Now he's the new wee darling journos can show their mock morality about. Crickey, who knows, we might even end up with an England manager apologising for the FA about their fans being anti-IRA. Oh!, what a minute......

Boo hoo. Hes a bigot himself. Known to use sectarian slurs etc. Just a bitter tramp, who, after watching Rangers win treble after treble against the tims, couldnt win a treble even without Rangers as competition.

Scotland and Scottish Football is a better place without Neil Lennon and theres plenty people that agree, not just Rangers fans.

Hes a bully who plays the victim when things dont go his way.

Boo hoo. Hes a bigot himself. Known to use sectarian slurs etc. Just a bitter tramp, who, after watching Rangers win treble after treble against the tims, couldnt win a treble even without Rangers as competition.

Scotland and Scottish Football is a better place without Neil Lennon and theres plenty people that agree, not just Rangers fans.

Hes a bully who plays the victim when things dont go his way.

Exactly.

If sectarianism played any role in people's dislike or hatred of, it was his own.

It's not wrong to dislike or hate a bigot like him for bigot's own sectarianism.

Indeed, that's anti-sectarian. For him to portray it as the inverse, is actually rather bizarre but tediously predictable, which tells you a lot about the current narrative in the media.