Hearts owner Ann Budge outlines her financial plan

Budge says the financial models run by clubs in the past are not sustainable.

"There is a fundamental business rule that says you shouldn't be spending more than you bring in - it's not rocket science," she added.

"If you do that, you're going to end up with debts. Borrowing money for a particular capital programme you can understand, but running up debts that are prevalent in football is beyond my understanding really.

"That will not happen here - certainly not while I'm in charge.

"And I would love to think we could actually have a philosophy in place that says this is the way this club runs: we don't run up lots of debts."

Can you believe that? What a spiv. Doesn't she realise the only way to run a football club is to follow the Dave King/Paul Murray blueprint - borrow other people's money and spend, spend, spend until it runs out, then pay back people to whom you owe nothing?

No wonder Hearts are in financial trouble. If only they had fanspivs like us to educate their supporters.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they have also taken the bizarre approach to train their players via a method known as "turning up for the whole day"

shocking stuff

Training all day? With Monster Munch and Irn Bru to keep them going, fish suppers for lunch then Nandos, a few beers and karaoke at night?

That could work.

Aren't we borrowing money just to survive, yet you choose to highlight 2 people who have nothing to do with our club...that's just weird

it would be if you decided to not join the dots

but we all know you wouldn't be so opaque in approach

after all, we are a charitable bunch here

Aren't we borrowing money just to survive, yet you choose to highlight 2 people who have nothing to do with our club...that's just weird

Not when their solution is to borrow even more money, so Super Duper Ally can waste it buying more players to ruin.

Hearts are a living example of what we shouldve been doing the past 3 years. The fact is they done it in 1 year. First 6 months of spl season their young guys got hammered. Second half they played out their skin and wouldnt have been relegated had they not been deducted points. Now instantly they had played 40 games together then added a core of experience with Alexander, Ozturk, Bauben and Gomes.

We shouldve kept Alexander, had him, Jig, Wallace, signed Black and a half decent striker and played Alexander Wallace, Jig,Gasporrato Mitchell. Gallagher Macleod Black Crawford. (Insert experienced striker) Hardie or A another.

We are a joke from the top to the very bottom

She also mentioned that promotion this year was not vital for them.

I wouldn't disagree, promotion this year is not vital for Hearts. It is for Rangers, though. As things stand, Hearts will go up while we enter the playoff lottery. That tells me Hearts are doing it right while we're going backwards.

Finances could eventually force Hearts to move from Tynecastle Stadium, owner Ann Budge has admitted.

The Edinburgh businesswoman has been speaking in depth for the first time since her summer takeover.

Budge explained that one of her priorities was to patch up parts of the stadium in a state of disrepair.

"But we've got to be realistic and it might be that it's a more cost-effective solution to actually move," she told BBC Scotland.

"Tynecastle does have something magical about it. If there was some way we could actually do something with the stand, it might be that that would be the better option and I know a lot of people would prefer to stay in Tynecastle.

Hearts owner Ann Budge

"Borrowing money for a particular capital programme you can understand, but running up debts that are prevalent in football is beyond my understanding really."

"But, right now, I have no idea what the answer is and I think I would hope that, by the end of my time here, at the very least, we will have a plan that's been properly evaluated through and try to choose the right one for the club."

Moving to a new stadium had been mooted by previous administrations because it was deemed difficult to expand at the present location near the city centre.

"It's been neglected for a long time," said Budge. "There's an awful lot needs to be doing to it.

"But what we're trying to do in the short term is anything to do with safety. That comes to the top of the list.

"But we're also trying to do some of the bigger jobs that have been neglected.

"If you look around now, you'll see we've replaced a lot of seats, we've started a job of painting, so we now have the Hearts colour that we'll try to be consistent about and we're moving round the stadium and addressing the worst parts."

Budge put up the £2.5m required to take the club out of administration after the collapse of previous owner Vladimir Romanov's financial empire.

She has vowed not to allow Hearts to "live beyond their means" again.

"We're doing what we can, within limits - we've got to be sensible about what we spend," said Budge.

"But, at the moment, we are trying to make the stadium as safe as we possibly can and do the obvious things to make it more pleasant to be in."

Budge says the financial models run by clubs in the past are not sustainable.

"There is a fundamental business rule that says you shouldn't be spending more than you bring in - it's not rocket science," she added.

_79267354_tynecastle2.jpg

The future of Tynecastle Stadium was a debating point under previous regimes

"If you do that, you're going to end up with debts. Borrowing money for a particular capital programme you can understand, but running up debts that are prevalent in football is beyond my understanding really.

"That will not happen here - certainly not while I'm in charge.

"And I would love to think we could actually have a philosophy in place that says this is the way this club runs: we don't run up lots of debts."

Wonder if she'll allow her manager to take over 400k per year and allow the team to be mismanaged to such an extent that the fans have stopped turning up?

I'm wondering about her approach to supporter relations. If there are any Hearts fans who feel compelled to report her to the police over her running of the club, I wonder if she'll allow their election to a Hearts fans' board? And if self-appointed Hearts fan chiefs give media outlets interviews calling her position untenable, will she invite them in for a chat?

I remember reading an article in the New York Times about us and it was saying that Rangers need to come into the world of modern football by bringing through youth and living within its means. Good to see we are doing that! ?

How can someone like her just turn up and take over hearts. We're the bigger club and who do we get? Charles Green. What a fucking joke. I hope MA is serious about us and buys us outright and actually gets us back on track.

Anyway...we're not the same as Hearts. They seem to not mind staying in the Championship and seen on the news they might be leaving their stadium to go somewhere smaller/cheaper. Any cunt coming into Rangers and saying "We're staying in the championship and selling Ibrox" would be chased. We aren't settling for the championship. We need back in the premiership/europe and no way in hell are we getting rid of Ibrox.

If that gets us in debt and kills us for good....so fucking be it. Ibrox is our home and 1st place in front of the bheasts in the top league is where we belong.

it would be if you decided to not join the dots

but we all know you wouldn't be so opaque in approach

after all, we are a charitable bunch here

So lets concentrate on the people who don't own us, rather than the the mistakes those who do own us are making. Brilliant.