Arthur Montford dead..

STEPPS BOY

Yeah, he was one of the voices I grew up with too.

Genuinely saddened. Feels like a man that's added an important wee bit to my childhood is gone.

Cheers, Arthur!

Archie on a Saturday night..

Arthur on a Sunday...

:(

Aye.

I hate to say it, but Jock Brown's in there too. He was a fantastic commentator before the dark side too.

That's a shame brings back many memories of setting the Sunday timetable to football in ther morning and early afternoon then in to watch Scotsport on the Sunday afternoon after Glen Michael had polished off his Palladin.

Scotsport was always the less formal, homely version of Sportscene and had the dream team of Montford and Crampsey. (Forget Archer, he was an arsehole).

Remember seeing him often at Ibrox or up at the STV studios in his tweed jacket. Took a fair bit of stick and banter from footie fans but always appeared to have a gentlemanly manner. I believe he was a bluenose, but if so never made a big deal of it.

That's a shame brings back many memories of setting the Sunday timetable to football in ther morning and early afternoon then in to watch Scotsport on the Sunday afternoon after Glen Michael had polished off his Palladin.

Scotsport was always the less formal, homely version of Sportscene and had the dream team of Montford and Crampsey. (Forget Archer, he was an arsehole).

Remember seeing him often at Ibrox or up at the STV studios in his tweed jacket. Took a fair bit of stick and banter from footie fans but always appeared to have a gentlemanly manner. I believe he was a bluenose, but if so never made a big deal of it.

Scotsport's finest moment Alex Cameron v a big police horse

I love that Thistle Cellic game, was one of the highlights of my young football life. I was called in as an 11 year old with the mates by my mates parents to listen to the 2nd half on the radio, it was such an outrageous half time score. As we got near we were told Thistle 4-0. The radio was replaying the first half commentary highlights just before second half kick off, unknown to us,we thought the game had restarted and as we got in to the living room we thought Thistle had scored 5 then 6.

I'm sure Arthur enjoyed the result too.

I think he was a Morton fan. Was a season ticket holder for years at Cappielow. Sad to hear of his death, was part of my childhood, watching Scotsport on a Sunday afternoon while the Parents were doon the Pub.

watching Scotsport on a Sunday afternoon while the Parents were doon the Pub.

Do you want me to give Childline a call?