Is it time to do away with penalty shoot outs?

I feel they give both teams a certain security to hang onto what the've got and so discourage attacking play and the whole second half of tonights game was a right off because of this.

So I propose it being indicated at the track side how many shots on target each side has had and if the game ends in a draw whoever has had the most wins :sherlock:. As a scheme it's a sure fire winner because whoever is behind with about 20 minutes to go must start to attack and this will also give the opposition a good chance to score at the other end :clap:

Always thought the thing they do in Ice Hockey is interesting when they get to extra time, (or overtime as they call it) they play 4 v 4 rather than 5 v 5, as it frees up more space making the game more open, wondering maybe if would work in football, 10 v 10, or even 9 v 9, seems better than penalties imo.

Nothing wrong with a shoot out.

I would rather they scrubbed the extra 30 mins and went straight to penalties....extra time is almost always a boring stalemate hanging on for the peno's!

Nothing wrong with a shoot out.

I would rather they scrubbed the extra 30 mins and went straight to penalties....extra time is almost always a boring stalemate hanging on for the peno's!

Would be interesting to see stats that compare matches settled in ET to ones settled by pens. I'd guess the majority go to pens

I feel they give both teams a certain security to hang onto what the've got and so discourage attacking play and the whole second half of tonights game was a right off because of this.

So I propose it being indicated at the track side how many shots on target each side has had and if the game ends in a draw whoever has had the most wins :sherlock:. As a scheme it's a sure fire winner because whoever is behind with about 20 minutes to go must start to attack and this will also give the opposition a good chance to score at the other end :clap:

But kicking the ball from miles away will count as a shot on target. Everyone would be doing Beckham half-way line shots.

PK's is the only rational way to decide a game, i hate the idea that the team with most possesion/shots on goals should win by default it will simply change the game altogether, football is won and lost by goals scored - the team that deserves to win doesnt always win and thats the beauty of it. If say it were a case of team who had most shots on goals wins then players would be hoofing it goalwards from the halfway line all of extra time, its an awful awful idea, pks are tough but eventualy someone has to lose

No idea why you would prefer PK's to a coin toss!

Because I watch the footie to see skill, goals, drama,tension, highs, lows, twists & turns.

Not to watch some middle aged man flip a nugget!