Tiago 'locked Juve chief in toilet!'

Tiago 'locked Juve chief in toilet!'

Sunday 31 August, 2008

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has confirmed that disgruntled player Tiago Mendes locked him in the loo!

In quite the strangest story to emerge from Serie A in many a year, the tension between the club and Tiago seems to have gone overboard.

“The story of me being locked in the toilet by Tiago is true,” confessed Cobolli Gigli live on Sky Italia television.

“It's a shame it got out, as this was something I told a friend in confidence. In any case, Alessandro Del Piero responded to the noise of me punching the door and offered to break it down.

“I told him it was better if someone else did it, as he needed to keep his shoulders in good shape for the Fiorentina game.”

Tiago has repeatedly refused transfers to Everton and Monaco because he wants to play in the Champions League, but Juve cannot sign a new player until they have disposed of the Portuguese flop.

“Claudio Ranieri considers Tiago to be part of our squad, but anything could happen tomorrow in Italian football,” continued the patron.

“Hopefully by midnight Tiago will have found another club.”

The story had emerged over the last couple of days, but the report only stated that Del Piero had rescued Cobolli Gigli when he was accidentally locked in the bathroom at the club's training ground.

Rumours later suggested the 'accident' was in fact a spiteful gesture from Tiago, who was furious at Juventus pushing him to sign for Everton or Monaco.

It is reported Cobolli Gigli was locked in for an hour before Del Piero happened to walk past and heard the pleas for help.

Heh, heh, heh.

So, so random.

I remember Trapattoni said that Tiago "would become the best midfielder in Europe" and that "he was the most unique midfielder he'd ever seen". It appears he was wrong.

Heh, heh, heh.

So, so random.

I remember Trapattoni said that Tiago "would become the best midfielder in Europe" and that "he was the most unique midfielder he'd ever seen". It appears he was wrong.

You know any other midfielder to lock their chairmen in the bogs? Seems pretty unique to me. :lol:

Heh, heh, heh.

So, so random.

You know any other midfielder to lock their chairmen in the bogs? Seems pretty unique to me. :lol:

It's the kind of thing they do at Juventus.

Heh, heh, heh.

So, so random.

:lol:

Top notch! (tu)

“It's a shame it got out, as this was something I told a friend in confidence. In any case, Alessandro Del Piero responded to the noise of me punching the door and offered to break it down.

“I told him it was better if someone else did it, as he needed to keep his shoulders in good shape for the Fiorentina game.”

I'm not sure there could be a funnier quote.

Mind you, SDM could take a lesson from this guy. Trapped in the toilet for an hour but won't let a player free him in case it affects his play in the CL. (tu)