Scott Harrison jailed at last

AdzKyle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/7593679.stm

Former world boxing champion Scott Harrison has been jailed for two months for assaulting his girlfriend.

Harrison, 31, admitted the attack on Stacy Gardner and a police officer at his Cambuslang home after learning that his uncle had committed suicide in May.

He was sentenced at Glasgow Sheriff Court after pleading guilty at a hearing in June.

The boxer was already in custody and awaiting sentence after admitting a drink driving charge on Monday.

Harrison was arrested on Friday after police stopped him in the Gorbals area of Glasgow.

When sentencing Harrison for the assault charge Sheriff Celia Sanderson said: "In the circumstances the only sentence I can impose is a custodial one."

An earlier hearing was told how the boxer had been drinking heavily after learning that his uncle Jack McGill, 52, had committed suicide.

When he returned home a row broke out with Ms Gardner and police were called.

Defence lawyer Philip McWilliams said that Harrison "deeply regrets" what happened that day.

Used to really like this guy but he has turned into an absolute thug and to be quite honest a bit of a wanker!!

Needs to get himself sorted.

Everytime he does something he says he's gonna clean up his act but then goes on to do something worse

Former world boxing champion Scott Harrison has been jailed for two months for assaulting his girlfriend.

Harrison, 31, admitted the attack on Stacy Gardner and a police officer at his Cambuslang home after learning that his uncle had committed suicide in May.

He was sentenced at Glasgow Sheriff Court after pleading guilty at a hearing in June.

The boxer was already in custody and awaiting sentence after admitting a drink driving charge on Monday.

Harrison was arrested on Friday after police stopped him in the Gorbals area of Glasgow.

When sentencing Harrison for the assault charge Sheriff Celia Sanderson said: "In the circumstances the only sentence I can impose is a custodial one."

An earlier hearing was told how the boxer had been drinking heavily after learning that his uncle Jack McGill, 52, had committed suicide.

Defence lawyer Philip McWilliams said that Harrison "deeply regrets" what happened that day.

Used to really like this guy but he has turned into an absolute thug and to be quite honest a bit of a wanker!!

Everytime he does something he says he's gonna clean up his act but then goes on to do something worse

Same messed up head Barton has.

Some folk are just programmed to cause trouble and violence.

Barton?

Barton?

What?

Barton?

What?

My fault, sorry. Thought you'd put 'Some messed up head Barton has.' and that you'd thought the OP was about Barton where it was actually 'Same' you said which makes sense. My apologises there.

My fault, sorry. Thought you'd put 'Some messed up head Barton has.' and that you'd thought the OP was about Barton where it was actually 'Same' you said which makes sense. My apologises there.

(tu):rangers:

(tu):rangers:

(tu)