That banner, the reaction and the truth it reveals

I assume we are all familiar with the C*lt*c Ambulance Chasers banner, but in case not, here it is:

Ambulance.jpg

This banner by The Blue Order (hence the number plate TBO1) is clearly a light-hearted piece of banter, having at dig at Celtic and their fans propensity to claim for everything they can from benefits and injury payouts to favourable refereeing decisions, rewards from authorities and even offence at songs which aren't as bad as some of their own. The term "ambulance chaser" originates from the USA, where it is mainly taken to refer to low level litigators who look for accident victims in order to file dubious compensation suits. It seems to fit their behaviour rather well, to my mind.

The wind up was clearly successful, but it has raised a level of faux opprobrium amongst the Celtic support, who are now busily looking for ways to distort the reality of this amusing banner into something more sinister. I never quite grasp this false sense of being wronged that so many of them pursue. Don't get me wrong, there are a few sane and cooler heads bringing perspective to "debate". Sadly they are outnumbered by the paranoid fabricators of disgust.

This mock indignation and outrage has led them into some pretty bizarre claims over the years including, but not restricted to, the mythical 116 year signing policy, sash patterns in the grass, the Eggs Benedict fiction and the infamous UEFA emailing campaign over a song no worse than many of their own. This delusional obsession clearly epitomises bigotry of the most hateful kind and I say that having witnessed their conduct for too many years. I remember the pitch invasions, player assaults, support for terrorists, attacks on referees, their homes and families as well as the worst single example of racism in modern British sport when Mark Walters had the audacity to be black footballer at their home ground and was pelted by bananas and subject to monkey chants from pretty much all of the home fans. Some of them even wore gorilla suits that day.

These days they try to effect a more politically correct visage and try to minimise their hate by channeling it into more devious enterprises. So keen are they to find offence and cast their rivals as ignorant, immoral wretches of a sub-human nature, that their venom and bile has backfired, revealing the darkest corners of their hearts. This is where we return to the banner and the number plate, but before we do, let us remember that these are the same "fans" who sang about a Rangers player with the horrific line "I pray you die in your sleep with a bullet from the IRA".

As stated above the TBO1 plate stands for The Blue Order, number one. It is a banner made by The Blue Order. There is no mystery. Unbelievably, these "fans" have decided to distort, rather than interpret, it as TB-01 in reference to the late, widely loved and much respected Tommy Burns. Personally, I find this disgusting. They have gone out of the way to use the tragic passing of one of their own heroes to find offence and seize the "moral high ground". An unawareness of irony is not the big crime here. The offence caused by this fiction can not reasonably be quantified. Genuine fans on both sides of the divide, who stood together in memory for a man we can all consider a legend and a real gent will feel a real sense of being let down by this latest gutter tactic. I sincerely hope that any of Tommy's nearest and dearest have not been distressed by this episode. I hope they realise the decent fans still have Tommy in their minds.

For those who peddled this falsehood in attempt to score points in the media and grab the high ground, I have one thing to say. You have no moral high ground.

I assume we are all familiar with the C*lt*c Ambulance Chasers banner, but in case not, here it is:

Ambulance.jpg

This banner by The Blue Order (hence the number plate TBO1) is clearly a light-hearted piece of banter, having at dig at Celtic and their fans propensity to claim for everything they can from benefits and injury payouts to favourable refereeing decisions, rewards from authorities and even offence at songs which aren't as bad as some of their own. The term "ambulance chaser" originates from the USA, where it is mainly taken to refer to low level litigators who look for accident victims in order to file dubious compensation suits. It seems to fit their behaviour rather well, to my mind.

The wind up was clearly successful, but it has raised a level of faux approbation amongst the Celtic support, who are now busily looking for ways to distort the reality of this amusing banner into something more sinister. I never quite grasp this false sense of being wronged that so many of them pursue. Don't get me wrong, there are a few sane and cooler heads bringing perspective to "debate". Sadly they are outnumbered by the paranoid fabricators of disgust.

This mock indignation and outrage has led them into some pretty bizarre claims over the years including, but not restricted to, the mythical 116 year signing policy, sash patterns in the grass, the Eggs Benedict fiction and the infamous UEFA emailing campaign over a song no worse than many of their own. This delusional obsession clearly epitomises bigotry of the most hateful kind and I say that having witnessed their conduct for too many years. I remember the pitch invasions, player assaults, support for terrorists, attacks on referees, their homes and families as well as the worst single example of racism in modern British sport when Mark Walters had the audacity to be black footballer at their home ground and was pelted by bananas and subject to monkey chants from pretty much all of the home fans. Some of them even wore gorilla suits that day.

These days they try to effect a more politically correct visage and try to minimise their hate by channeling it into more devious enterprises. So keen are they to find offence and cast their rivals as ignorant, immoral wretches of a sub-human nature, that their venom and bile has backfired, revealing the darkest corners of their hearts. This is where we return to the banner and the number plate, but before we do, let us remember that these are the same "fans" who sang about a Rangers player with the horrific line "I pray you die in your sleep with a bullet from the IRA".

As stated above the TBO1 plate stands for The Blue Order, number one. It is a banner made by The Blue Order. There is no mystery. Unbelievably, these "fans" have decided to distort, rather than interpret, it as TB-01 in reference to the late, widely loved and much respected Tommy Burns. Personally, I find this disgusting. They have gone out of the way to use the tragic passing of one of their own heroes to find offence and seize the "moral high ground". An unawareness of irony is not the big crime here. The offence caused by this fiction can not reasonably be quantified. Genuine fans on both sides of the divide, who stood together in memory for a man we can all consider a legend and a real gent will feel a real sense of being let down by this latest gutter tactic. I sincerely hope that any of Tommy's nearest and dearest have not been distressed by this episode. I hope they realise the decent fans still have Tommy in their minds.

For those who peddled this falsehood in attempt to score points in the media and grab the high ground, I have one thing to say. You have no moral high ground.

all over real radio,very sad,but they want to deflect a lay down team,with a volcano of a keeper,and a manager who wont play his signings..so chill out,,they are clawing at fresh air

Ambulance.jpg

The wind up was clearly successful, but it has raised a level of faux opprobrium amongst the Celtic support, who are now busily looking for ways to distort the reality of this amusing banner into something more sinister. I never quite grasp this false sense of being wronged that so many of them pursue. Don't get me wrong, there are a few sane and cooler heads bringing perspective to "debate". Sadly they are outnumbered by the paranoid fabricators of disgust.

Glad you posted that Oleg, as when I had viewed it I immediately thought it was a reference to last seasons postponed game

Ambulance.jpg

Glad you posted that Oleg, as when I had viewed it I immediately thought it was a reference to last seasons postponed game

is that a joke? so now you think your fellow fans would stoop that low? catch a grip of yourself.

Ambulance.jpg

is that a joke? so now you think your fellow fans would stoop that low? catch a grip of yourself.

Hey, I am not saying I still believe it, just that this was the first thought that crossed my mind when I saw it

the tics take healthy banter as offensive and try to to it, i was messing around with a tim today and said 4-2 waaaaaayyyyy. as a joke then he punched my gut.

take things to far they do .

excellent article oleg. That should be printed in the papers to tell the real story :)

Cheers mate! (tu)

:rangers:

Have you sent this to anyone Oleg? I think you should send it to as many people as possible. Excellent article.

If CR and "the board" want it, they can make it an article.

If not, feel free to redistribute it.