The Suns Lennon cartoon

1690 Posts

rvh5oo.jpg

and Mopedoms response...

The Sun newspaper thinks that it's now acceptable to ridicule the victim of an unprovoked serious assault. It seems that the downmarket tabloid has decided that certain individuals are perfectly legitimate targets of thugs and criminals and the resultant crime can be viewed as 'humorous'. As if their insulting coverage of Neil Lennon's assault wasn't bad enough they also decided to run the following 'joke':

Following the publication of this evil cartoon, and the Sun's obvious acceptance that Neil Lennon's serious assault is worthy of their grotesque humour, can we now expect to see other victims of sectarian or race hate crimes portrayed as figures of fun alongside the implication that they deserved it?

Now that they've gone along this road is the next step to maybe snigger at victims of rape? Maybe the cartoonist 'Pete' could draw us a wee funny picture of some poor bedraggled soul in revealing clothes who had obviously 'asked for it'? What about murder victims? Shouldn't they be allowed to give us a laugh too? There must be loads of funny murder scenes that 'Pete' could exploit.

Or maybe you've had enough?

The best way to show your displeasure is to never buy this rag again, ever.

Another avenue of complaint is the Press Complaints Commission and the details of their website and how to make a complaint can be found below.

OK at the most they might get a rap on the knuckles and a paltry fine but maybe, just maybe, they'll think twice next time...........

The Press Complaints Commission:.

---

Reply from a mope...

Great post Mikbhoy. Thanks for pointing this out to me, i live in England and don't get the Scottish Sun.... Not that i'd buy the shitroll if i could anyway.

I could not believe my eyes when i seen the Cartoon.

I've just sent my complaint it to the PCC online, through using your link. It was fairly easy to do. The code of practice that they've breached is

5. Intrusion into grief or shock.

I urge you all to do the same

Let's get up in arms bhoys..... make a complaint.

==

pmsl

What a pathetic race of people doh

they aren't a race,they are a cult

The thing is, I know 5 or 6 of them and they are perfectly normal and are thoroughly embarrassed about the Novo threats AND this.

There's a HUGE number of them that are just pathetic though.

What a pathetic race of people doh

they aren't a race,they are a cult

The thing is, I know 5 or 6 of them and they are perfectly normal and are thoroughly embarrassed about the Novo threats AND this.

There's a HUGE number of them that are just pathetic though.

Same here. The only one's I know are normal people who are just football fans. It's the 'lifestyle' tims who are so far up their own arse that are the problem.

Professional complainers, professional victims....they just wallow in self pity. What would they actually do if they had nothing to moan about.....and they still don't get the "ambulance" thing.

They're caught in a trap of their own making and enjoy it in an odd sense.

Professional complainers, professional victims....they just wallow in self pity. What would they actually do if they had nothing to moan about.....and they still don't get the "ambulance" thing.

Spot on!

I wonder what we'd call it.

It's certainly a fetish of some sort.

Look how the story grows arms and legs getting more mopeish as the minutes pass by...

Lenny was subsequently struck from behind, possibly with a bottle, and rendered unconscious.

Lenny was then beaten and kicked repeatedly by his two assailants as he lay unconscious. It has been reported that Lenny swallowed his tongue, may have had a seizure and could have died in the sectarian street attack.

Neil was taken by ambulance to Glasgow's Western Infirmary, was treated for his head wounds and reportedly doctors wanted to hospitalise the 37-year old Irishman. However, Neil Lennon elected to go home.

Neil Lennon said: “I don't remember much about what happened. I was sort of concussed.”

Further on in the piece a quote from police-"we would like anyone who witnessed this to get in touch". Therefore no one has been in touch, no witnesses, Lennon was concussed and doesn't know what happened so where are Keep The Filth getting this tongue swallowing, near death fatality bullshit?

Look how the story grows arms and legs getting more mopeish as the minutes pass by...

Lenny was subsequently struck from behind, possibly with a bottle, and rendered unconscious.

Lenny was then beaten and kicked repeatedly by his two assailants as he lay unconscious. It has been reported that Lenny swallowed his tongue, may have had a seizure and could have died in the sectarian street attack.

Neil was taken by ambulance to Glasgow's Western Infirmary, was treated for his head wounds and reportedly doctors wanted to hospitalise the 37-year old Irishman. However, Neil Lennon elected to go home.

Neil Lennon said: “I don't remember much about what happened. I was sort of concussed.”

Further on in the piece a quote from police-"we would like anyone who witnessed this to get in touch". Therefore no one has been in touch, no witnesses, Lennon was concussed and doesn't know what happened so where are Keep The Filth getting this tongue swallowing, near death fatality bullshit?

Didn't it also say his head was hit either with a bottle or a wall?!!...

...and I'm sure initial reports said he had been treated for minor injuries.

What about his pal....isn't he a witness?

Next minute he's at deaths door and he doesn't want to file a complaint!