Disgraceful comment on BBC radio Scotland today....

donmac

Today I listened to the sports show at lunchtime on BBC Scotland

One of the topics being discusses was the national anthem and the singing of it at football matches

One of the guests was asked if he sang the national anthem on the line up when he played for Scotland

The answer as memory serves me was that as a player he chose not to ( or words to that effect)

. I am pointing this out not as a swipe at him as an ex player as I would make my comment if he had been the player of another club, it was the fact that he uses his playing for a club as the reason not to sing the national anthem.

Today I listened to the sports show at lunchtime on BBC Scotland

One of the topics being discusses was the national anthem and the singing of it at football matches

One of the guests was asked if he sang the national anthem on the line up when he played for Scotland

The answer as memory serves me was that as a player he chose not to ( or words to that effect)

. I am pointing this out not as a swipe at him as an ex player as I would make my comment if he had been the player of another club, it was the fact that he uses his playing for a club as the reason not to sing the national anthem.

Can you explain that again in English?

It was Davy Hay, he said he never sang the national anthem, him being a cellic man. Cunt.

Back in them days Scotland used God save the Queen, they only stopped using in 1982 at the Spain World Cup as New Zealand had the same national anthem at that time