A new formation to try

a 3-5-2 would have been much better IMO.

I'd have started templeton before Foster, and not played jig.

........ZAL----DM-----Mohsni

Temps.................................Wallace

.................Black...................

.............Lewis...Law.....

.......Miller..........Boyd........

Have temps and Wallace bombing forward at every chance,

what do we think guys?

Meh. We tried a system with three at the back pre-season and against Hibs in our first competitive match, and it didn't really work out very well.

4-4-2 is the best formation with our current squad, IMO.

Templeton at RWB wouldn't work either IMO. He wouldn't be able to do the defensive side of the game. Until we sign a RB who can attack and defend (similar to Lee Wallace at LB), I'd stick with a back four.

"Temps" at RWB?

That's just the start!

He isn't there to defend, he is there to push forward. If we need to defend then Black drops back and One of the CB covers the RB position. I tried to set out a very attacking formation, I don't intend that formation to be doing too much defending.

I'd prefer a real right full back to be signed for this position, but I guess it's gonna be foster. I was struggling for someone to put in that role tbh.

He isn't there to defend, he is there to push forward. If we need to defend then Black drops back and One of the CB covers the RB position. I tried to set out a very attacking formation, I don't intend that formation to be doing too much defending.

I'd prefer a real right full back to be signed for this position, but I guess it's gonna be foster. I was struggling for someone to put in that role tbh.

Thats a baffling statement to make mate, "he isn't there to defend"....what exactly is a RWB's first priority? Its to defend, why would you rather a real full back if that position isn't there to defend? Theres a difference between putting your best team on the park and your most talented 11 which is what I believe you have tried to do here.

how long can i keep this up :lol:

ah fuck it, fill yer boots lads and lassies, this is by our very own esteemed "Marvin" who has as much knowledge of the game as a fucking teaspoon

http://forum.rangers...ng back&st=560

He tried something different but got the personel all wrong. I disagree with those saying we played 5 at the back. We played closer to a 3 at the back with 2 pushing full backs who tried to get forward all the time. I just think he got the players all wrong, and tried to do a 3-5-1-1

a 3-5-2 would have been much better IMO.

I'd have started templeton before Foster, and not played jig.

........ZAL----DM-----Mohsni

Temps.................................Wallace

.................Black...................

.............Lewis...Law.....

.......Miller..........Boyd........

Have temps and Wallace bombing forward at every chance,

http://forum.rangers...ng back&st=600

and that ladies and gentleman is that

goodnight, godbless and be sure to tip your waitress